Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two firsts this evening.

I started this fall season with the hopes of digging my first shield nickel, half dime, and large cent. Well it's been accomplished! Found my half dime earlier in the season, along with two shield nickels, and tonight I dug my first large cent and my first V nickel, ( I had forgotten that I've never dug one of those either!). I had an hour to get a hunt in after work and needles to say, I didn't want to leave. The old gentleman who so graciously let me hunt his property has a solid history of this property being the location of the original cabin site of the town. His ancestors founded the area and were bankers from Detroit. He showed me the original cabin location and the (still intact) rock well next to it. More to come, I only covered a 10x10ft section of his 5 acre yard.... LC 1857, IH's 1879&1887, V 1887. A very old broach (the pin still functions!), chain, pocket watch top and suspender clip?

Ran the Deus in GMP and was fooled a few times by huge square nuts at about 8" deep, but I don't mind digging iron in old sites. The LC gave a solid but soft 97 at 10". Once I got the first scoop out the signal disappeared. It's happened before. The Deus does NOT like air! I used the pointer from there. All in all a great hunt.

I love finding Indians and Large Cents. I was a yard and grass hunter for 30 years before I ventured into a farm field. I got my first large cent in a farm field and was hooked. I hunt farm fields about 80 percent of my time now. Looks like you have a great site. Please keep us posted.

Don

Great hunt! I love finding Indians and V Nickels and am still looking for that first LC!!! I found a similar broach earlier this year but yours is in way better shape! Definitely keep us posted on the seated coins you will undoubtedly pull from that site!

Thanks, the ground is very mild at this site. No bars on the meter what so ever. It's not hard packed either. A seated would be nice, as would some gold! But I'll be just as happy to find another LC!

Great hunt. Good for you

A nice haul. A good site too it seems. I would be very careful digging my targets in that baby so you don't damage one of them. I'm guilty of that when I get in a hurry. You have a great site to test the Deus and maybe quell a few Deus naysayers. The silver should be there. Look forward to your future hauls with the details. Talk about a great site to video the deus in action.

Wow! Your large cent is in great condition! I'm sure you'll be bringing up an old silver from that spot in short order--I can't wait to see it! Great job out there!

Nice job! Wow your going to be finding a ton ig there is 5 acrs and you did a few square feet.....

Jim