Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two hour park hunt.... snags an 1867 two cent piece !!

HaloEffect426

Went on a return hunt to a house yard hunt where i found a 1906 indian head penny
Last week..( found a couple wheats and the two nickles stuck to gether ect...
And driving off from there i spotted a little one acre city park i never knew was there just a few houses or lots away....hummm
So yesterday i thought I'd give it a try with the atp...
30 minutes into the hunt...up comes a 1919 wheat penny
Ok, maybe there's. A few good coins left here....(and this is a simple park ....swing set and some big trees )
So near where i parked...i noticed a worn down dirt path that cuts diagonal and goes into the park.
Kinda did a re start of the hunt, i guess, near the side walk of the road and that dirt path.....digging alot of can slaw at two in. Deep....yukk!
In the #40 to #50 ish range.....so. Then a #58. Signal....pretty consistant....two inches deep.....i was JUST then thinking...
Man....im getting a little burnt ....digging up that can slaw.....ok....why not one more....
Cut a little plug...out flies. An 1867 TWO CENT PIECE. ! ....WHAT????
It is pretty beat up but date , back side number 2 then cent,,,united states of america
Perfectly readable...
Only had a couple hours....so that was about it besides that 1919 wheat...
Two inches deep.....wow....ive dug two of them up before but never that shallow..
Nice.... (Sorry i dont have any pics.)
HH
AT Pro....disc set to 30...sensitivity down one bar....used iron audio and turn down sensitivity. To only three bars in a few spots..lots of iron.....auto ground bal........oh.. And hunting in PRO ZERO MODE....
Then down about five numbers...:detecting:

A great relationship is forming :beers: Congrats on the 1867 2 center. Big trees to me...I am drawn to them. They provide shade on a hot summer day, People like to sit down and lean their backs against them to rest, have a bite to eat, drink a beverage / picnic etc.

Pro-zero mode is the way to go. VERY telling on iffy signals in iron.

Check out the woods surrounding the area too!

You bet! The atp just keeps surprising me, every outting., thats a little "keep me in check" find when getting burnt out on that can slaw stuff, i guess
And definitely getting a lil more comfortable with using that iron audio feature.
Thanks to you folks!.....and yeah..im gonna return n check out more around those big ole' trees, for sure!
HH to all.... n thanks for reading my ....non Picture posts....lol!

Ok...well i might have figured out how to finally upload pics. Of my finds with my phone....hopefully
You can see the 1867 two cent piece ?
I didnt have the best side.(the back with the ""2 cents"") rotated just right
At the time i took the pic. But hopefully you can see it.....like i said it is pretty beat up..
Ok
HH
HaloEffect426

Good find. They don't come along very often and don't do well in the ground, either. HH jim tn

Heeeeheeee....thanks fellas......yes that was a wierd one...two inches deep?
Thinking about that particular spot........I'm wondering if the sidewalk might have been
Torn out and replaced.....it kinda did look "newer" .and just did not look as old as it should have been.
I found the two center probably ten to twelve feet from the side walk...maybe ....if the city tore it out they. Inavertantly dug it up
Only a passing thought...im gonna go back when i can n check the spot some more..
HH