Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two Indian head penny,s

hatpin

I went to the park today and ventured into the woods . Using the Vaquero and stock coil I supertuned the machine , GB at neutral and disc at minimum . I dug every signal that had a good sound to it . Lots of rusty cans to sift through . Found these two . The one on the left is a 1900 the one on the right is 1865 . The 1865 was in loose soil on the edge of ditch and just under the surface . It was double beeping .The 1900 was a good 6 to 7 inches deep and under a root . It was a booger to get too .

nice. I found an 1865 a couple of weeks ago at my grandfathers farm, also found an 1858 seated quarter that was only 3 to 4 inches down with the vaq.

john67 said:
nice I found an 1865 a couple of weeks ago at my grandfathers farm, also found an 1858 seated quarter that was only 3 to 4 inches down with the vaq.

I havent found a seated quarter , congrats . what kind of condition is it in ?

very good shape. it came out of the ground so shiny I thought it was an aluminum token at first. I just started to hunt the huge yard and ive found 6 silvers and 3 Indians so far. I spill had 3 mercs and 6 wheats in it right by the front porch, all the mercs where in the 40s. cant wait to get back out there but it might have to wait till spring now cuz we got 6 inches of snow here in nw pa today.

I always wondered about venturing in the woods.
Never have yet because I always told myself more people have walked in the open then in the woods.
But I might just try it now.
Great finds!! Very old!!!

Stoof-tabsallday said:
I always wondered about venturing in the woods...I always told myself more people have walked in the open then in the woods....

Where there are now woods, there once may have been open spaces or heavily used paths. There's an area near me that was once a ski area, shown on old USGS maps from the 1930's. I went there thinking that stuff must have been dropped around the old tow line throughout the decades.... That area is now so overgrown with brush and small trees, there's no room to swing a coil. I know there's got to be stuff there, but it's unlikely I'll ever find it.

Nice finds !