Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two more silver, kite tail, and sprinting :)

Ian (Japan)

A Sunday afternoon hunt at the beach.
Watched a guy with a kite for a while, had to be one of the longest kite tails I've seen. Very skillful at controlling it and not ending up in big knots.

We were at the western end of the beach and Ken says he wanted to go to the toilet, which is at the opposite end of the beach. So, off he runs, but half way to his urgent destination, a few Japanese ask him to take photos of them, using their camera. :) I stood there, watching from a distance and thought this will be interesting. After taking a few photos for them Ken was sure enough sprinting to the toilets. :lol:

Ken = junk earring, 130 yen in coins.

Me:
One junk ring.
652 yen in coins.
Two silver rings.
And a lot of priceless fun. ;)

CLICK HERE for some pics.
Including Ken sitting in some long grass.

HH
Ian, Ken @ the land of the rising rings and things.

Great story! WTG with more rings......looks like you are well on you way to reach your goal for the rings. I see some Stamped Silver Bars in the works too. :)

<center>

To reach my ring goal of 200+ this year I'll certainly have to get out there more and dig, dig, dig. Short hunts every day like you do in the warmer months would be the answer to the ring/numbers game. Usually only hunt in the weekends.

Another thing that would really help for our metal detecting (although not for much else!) is a big typhoon or two. Last year we only got the very edge of one, which didn't do much for sand movement in our area. Typhoon season is generally August through October. Shouldn't really wish for one, but you know where I'll be after they pass through?! :)

HH
37 rings and counting! :lol:

Very impressive kite flying.I've not seen a kite tail that long either.

Nice collection of stuff Ian...nice rings !

Cheers!