Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two Questions About My New 6" 18kHZ DD coil

Clad Daddy

After reading all I could find and asking questions on this forum, I purchased the 6" 18kHZ DD coil for my 305. I also finally got Digger's book to download on my internet service. I've made 3 hunts since Thursday with the new coil and using multi-tone/no discrimination, Found over 130 clad coins with a larger precentage of quarters than my previous hunts. coincidence or does the new coil hit on quarters better?
I went to an old farm house i had hunted twice before with the stock coil on my 305. I had found one memorial penny on two hunts. Yesterday, I found a 1940 nickel, 2 wheaties(1918 and 193?), and a Mississippi tax token hiding where I had been before..I was concerned this coil wouldn't do as well on coins. Wrong!
Question #2. I got a sgnals several times that were very faint, They showed very deep on the scale which isn;t always accurate. TheTID number mostly shiowed 44 or 36. I was thinking a deep quarter or half dollar. Dug a couple down to the point where my digging tool wouldn't go any deeper and never could get a signal with my Pro Pointer. Any guesses as to what it would be? My conclusion was a wrap around iron signal.

Answer to question No.1=Likely the smaller DD coil unmasked the good targets mixed in with trash. All frequencies will see all metals, but accuracy and tone response change.

Answer No.2=The 44 could easily be wrap around iron, in which case going slow and listening to the tone quality often tells the story. And don't chase faint signals or chirps, even if repeatable, unless you can pinpoint them from more than one direction. If it pinpoints to a different place each time, then it's not likely something that you want to dig.

And congratulations on doing so well with the new coil! :thumbup: I've found that each new coil effectively renews sites I commonly hit.

You're going to like that coil but like with the other coils you kind of have to get used to the sounds and TID's. Often times I get decent signals and it will show a depth much deeper than what the target really is. I've been going over a property that we thought we had hunted out with it and I'm still finding a coin or two nearly every time. Last week I had two really nice finds that had not shown up with either of the 10.5" coils.

A Property That We Thought We Had Hunted Out