Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two Questions

GeorgeinSC

Question 1. Do any of you hunt at night and if so what kind of light do you use to be able to see where you are detecting. Next summer I would like to be able to do some night detecting at the beach to escape some of the summer heat.

Question 2. What do you use to be able to see the dates on some of the coins that you recover. I find that most of the readily available magnifying glasses are inadequate for the task.

HH

Georgeinsc

I got a Petzl light for night hunting. The one I got is one of thier compact models, if your night hunting the beach , you may want a waterproof model. As far as seeing coins up close and personal nothing beats a jewelers loupe.

http://www.petzl.com/us/outdoor/headlamp/specialized
http://www.kassoy.com/jewelers-loupes/

ive hunted at the beach and infarm fields at night and havent truly needed a light...i keep a little penlite in my pocket but i find if you have street light etc in the distance my eyes soon adjust to the limited surrounding light..... ive also gone on full moon night and had enough light to ID coins...couldnt see dates dates but could tell what it was... as far as seeing detail on dug coins i got lucking and found a two lens headband jewelers loop at a yard sale for a buck... i also went to harbor frieght and picked up a 6 pack of plastic stick in your type jewelers loops-cheap...they range in power from like 2X to like 10X... cheap and they serve the purpose....

I hunt the beaches at night for the very reason you mentioned as well as to get the loot before anybody else. Dont need a light, set up your detector ahead of time so when you turn it on all the settings are correct...sure carry a little light in your pocket for "what ifs"...like what if some bad guy comes at you on the beach? A nice little LED light shined in his eyes is a great deterrent. I dont check coins/finds until the sun comes up, I'm too busy swinging and slinging in a short time of good hunting. I need to talk to you about your Bluecat experience...nows the time for a World Record you know...
Mud