Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two Returns in one weak

GeorgeinSC

Friday May 6 I found a set of keys at the beach. One of the keys was for a mail box and the other was for a door at the Citadel (Military College of South Carolina) in Charleston. I suspected that one of the Cadets had lost their keys. I got in touch with the lady in charge of the campus post office and she said she would be happy to return the keys to the Cadet that lost them She could identify the cadet by the number of the mailbox key. She said that there would be a very happy Cadet as they charge $10.00 to replace the mail box key and $100.00 to rekey the door lock.

On Monday the 9th I walked on the beach before the sun came sneaking up out of the Atlantic Ocean. Had not walked onto the beach but a very few feet when I had a target. Swung the coil out of the way to scoop that target and had a second target. First target was a clad quarter and the second was a sterling silver ring with a bunch of small fake stones.

Some four hours later a guy walked up to me and demanded to know what kind of ring did you find. Seems that a retired Submariner and I had chatted for a while talking bout what boats we had served in and he apparently told the guy that I had found a ring. The guys aggressive manner made me uncooperative real quickly. Also the young lady with him could not tell me what she had lost. So I denied finding any rings.

I watched the couple for a while and when he walked off the breach I went up to her and asked what had she lost. She described the ring perfectly. She was much more relaxed when he was not around so I told her that I had just found a ring and pulled it out of my pocket. She slipped it on her finger and it was a perfect fit. Her smile made it worth taking the time to let the Rectal Orifice get away from her.

They had gotten married on Saturday and she lost the ring Sunday evening With the attitude and demeanor of the guy I fear that if she makes him mad he will do her great harm. I hope I am wrong.

Photo is of the key return at The Citadel. I did not have a camera with me for the ring return.

[attachment 330887 DSC00733.JPG][attachment 330887 DSC00733.JPG]

Sorry i didnt see these stories earlier...another atta boy to you george. .. you did the right thing george even when doing the right thing was difficult. .. n o t sure how i would have handled it but you did good...