Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two Safari questions.

David

I do have a X-Terra 70 and Musketeer Advantage, but I do not have a Safari.

My X-Terra 70 does have auto-track ground balance in Discriminate mode and the Musketeer Advantage manual ground balances in Discriminate mode.

(I know the Sovereign GT does not auto-track ground balance Discriminate mode, it only does this in full true All Metal mode.)

I want to know:

1)--Does the Safari fully self auto-track ground balance in Discriminate mode.??

2)--On the Safari can you see the TID numbers in full true All Metal mode.??
(I cannot see the TID numbers on my X-Terra 70 in full true All Metal mode which is Prospecting mode.)

Thank you for any help.

Here you go...

1 - The Safari automatically handles ALL ground balancing/tracking. The only thing you need to do is to noise cancel before you begin hunting, and repeat if EMI, electromagnetic interference, changes.

2 - The target ID numbers are displayed when hunting in all metal mode.

Hope this helps.

Bart

psyvad said:
Here you go...

1 - The Safari automatically handles ALL ground balancing/tracking. The only thing you need to do is to noise cancel before you begin hunting, and repeat if EMI, electromagnetic interference, changes.

2 - The target ID numbers are displayed when hunting in all metal mode.

Hope this helps.

Bart

Good post!

Thank you very much! So the TID numbers do show in All Metal, thanks.

The Sovereign GT has Accu-Trak Automatic Ground Balance with selectable Fixed and Automatic Tracking options.

It says the Safari has automatic ground compensation(I do not know if that is a true auto tracking GB like the Sovereign GT has?) with advanced digital filtering. The E-Trac has the same thing, but it says it has ground settings of Neutral and Difficult as well.

3)--Does the Safari also have ground settings Neutral and Difficult.??
[size=x-small](I do want to know.)[/size]

No, it does not have those two settings.

When the targets are spread out, I love running in all metal. Very fast response , and I watch the numbers to dig or not. try it.

Bugg find much jewelry with the Safari? if so..in coin/jewelry or all metal? are the tones the same sound in both modes?