Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two short returned class ring stories...

JB(MS)

In 1992 I found a huge class ring with a 1984 graduation date in the south end zone of the local high school football field. . I checked with the school to find out who the owner was and contacted him. When he came to get it he told me his brother had been one of the football team managers and kept his ring while he was practicing, but had a hole in his pocket and lost it. He said their mom had beat the tar out of him and beat his brother even worse for losing the ring. He said his dad had died when he and his brother were small and they were very poor, that his mom had no education and couldn't read or write. She supported them by cleaning houses, washing and ironing clothes for people, and she had paid $5 a month on the ring until she got it paid for. He had got a football scholarship to Ole Miss and had a degree in law enforcement, but was going back to school there for something law enforcement related. His mom had died since the ring was lost, and he was estatic about getting the ring back because of how hard she had to work to pay for it. I ran into him about five years ago at a local store and he told me he was the head of security at MSCW university, and said he gave the ring to his fianc

Thanks JB, I guess you can't win them all. My Dad who hunted for a limited time found a large class ring with similar results when he returned it....... the guy didn't even say thanks and acted like he was doing my Dad a favour by accepting it.