Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two silver day turned into a really weird three silver day!

Ronstar

Weather here finally broke from near three digit temps to 80 with rain showers today. jkline had a family birthday to do and I was not getting up at O-dark-30 to go out. So about 9:00 I went up to the University to maybe get two hours in. Of course it starts to rain around 10 so I text Jeff to tell him I had 80 cents to the positive. Ends up he too was out so miscommunication between us. He said he just got permission to do a Frat on Greek Row so I went to just talk to him and when I got there it stops raining. He asked me to join him as it might be just a one day window as the students are starting to come back.
I hit the lawn on the other side of the side walk and started getting numerous dime signals, almost by every square foot. I’ve never dug so many Memorials in such a small area and all were showing in the high dime numbers for me. When I finally get a dime it ended up being a 1951 Rosie so the Mems got excused. I must have had 20-25 pennies plus a bunch of stupid zincolns. I finished the smallish lawn area and Jeff motioned me over to his side and he crossed over to double check me.

I started down the front of the Frat house next to a stone/gravel path that led towards the side of the house. About 20 feet into the lawn I get a loud 92 that does not budge, not even when I moved 90 degrees. Dug down 5” and pull this circular twisty looking silver thing out and believe its a ring but nothing quite like Ive seen before. Just enough dirt on it cant really make out anything. Recheck the plug and move on. Bam, 90. Same thing, it just holds the number. Dig down 5” and pull up a slightly bent circular ring looking like thing. Ok….. finished up double checking on Jeff and he was finishing as well. Told him I might have two rings and that we should leave and meet up to see what we had. He also found a silver ring so off we went.
Met up and handed him the first ring, he looked it over and started calling me every non friendly four letter buddy words he could muster. Im standing there listening to him and then he said “Tiffany”. What??? Scramble for my loupe and sure enough “Tiffany & Co 925”. Damn, my first brand name silver jewelry. On the opposite side is a copyright mark and a name that first initials are P and P in the name but I can not the rest of the letters.
We examined the other ringy thingy and both of us thought it was maybe a grommet as the interior of the ring had a groove all the way around it. Surface also was semi pitted and looked like another base metal under the coating, threw it in the junk pocket. Jeff told me had not made over to the area yet that I found the rings. We then split ways.
Showed the wife when we got home and she goes “cool” so I know the Tiffany was impressive ….🙄. We got to talking and I said the grommet looked a lot like the ring. I went and got it and she commented it felt kinda heavy for an aluminum or metal grommet. So I took the toothbrush to it as the interior groove was jammed full of dirt. Still couldn’t get it all out so tried a toothpick which helped some. I could see letters stamped on the bottom of the groove that looked like STER. OK now, grab the brass brush and gently start using the bristles to clean the groove. Shock. Now I can read what looks like STERLING 925!!!!!! Grab loupe and confirm thats what it looks like!!!! I decided to see if I could get the letters to pop out a bit more so keep brushing the grooves. Finally I was able to read the letters under 20x “SMS/THAI 925”. Apparently its cheap silver but 925 is 925 and to think both Jeff and I thought it was junk.
Tiffany weighed 9.53 and the Thai is 3.82.

Attachments

• E27BBBD1-1713-46D3-98AB-5F8599F77EDC.jpeg
    E27BBBD1-1713-46D3-98AB-5F8599F77EDC.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 96
  • 658FE189-867E-4834-9336-37014B07006B.jpeg
    658FE189-867E-4834-9336-37014B07006B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 83
  • A5F5AAE0-9414-40A4-8892-85BE098CBFE0.jpeg
    A5F5AAE0-9414-40A4-8892-85BE098CBFE0.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 96
Forgot to add photo

Attachments

• 749425BC-9B51-417C-9408-04DC14F5819E.jpeg
    749425BC-9B51-417C-9408-04DC14F5819E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
Sweet silver Sunday !!! Nice finds Mr. Ron !

I never thought this would happen to me--

Boy #1's birthday, didn't think I'd get out. He got his birthday breakfast then took off for work. What the hell, off I went, didn't think Ronstar was going to go out, so didn't bother him.

Just started hitting my usual haunt, when a kid comes flying by on a hoverboard, stopped, and asked if I found anything. A bit of banter and he invites me down to his frat. I get down there, we chat, my immediate first hit with the ctx is a 12 47-- oh baby! A nice silver ring-- the kid sees me dig something, he comes to see what it was, I hand it to him-- he says, "Thanks. I think I know who this belongs to." He puts it in his pocket, hands me a card to let him know if I find more jewelry, especially frat stuff-- and walks off.

WTF? Did that just happen?

Holy shit-- the ring was 6" down, and the kid essentially stole it out of my hands! Oh well, I have a nice lawn with the promise of fraternity pins and class rings, so I bit my tongue and swung on.

Ronstar texted me when it started raining-- invited him over, then bang, another silver ring. This one is mine, pup!

So I found two silver rings and came home with one. The lawn was Memorial city-- and they all rang up as dimes and I had two ring up as silver. What the hell? Anyway, for me it wasn't a fun hunt-- not just because I lost a ring, but two frat boys were eyeing us the entire time, as if ready to pounce if we found something good.

Lessons we both learned: don't show anybody your finds; double check your plugs, and for me, swing your detector in unlikely places.

I always double check my trash.... great save and a big congrats on the Silver!
I never thought this would happen to me--

Boy #1's birthday, didn't think I'd get out. He got his birthday breakfast then took off for work. What the hell, off I went, didn't think Ronstar was going to go out, so didn't bother him.

Just started hitting my usual haunt, when a kid comes flying by on a hoverboard, stopped, and asked if I found anything. A bit of banter and he invites me down to his frat. I get down there, we chat, my immediate first hit with the ctx is a 12 47-- oh baby! A nice silver ring-- the kid sees me dig something, he comes to see what it was, I hand it to him-- he says, "Thanks. I think I know who this belongs to." He puts it in his pocket, hands me a card to let him know if I find more jewelry, especially frat stuff-- and walks off.

WTF? Did that just happen?

Holy shit-- the ring was 6" down, and the kid essentially stole it out of my hands! Oh well, I have a nice lawn with the promise of fraternity pins and class rings, so I bit my tongue and swung on.

Ronstar texted me when it started raining-- invited him over, then bang, another silver ring. This one is mine, pup!

So I found two silver rings and came home with one. The lawn was Memorial city-- and they all rang up as dimes and I had two ring up as silver. What the hell? Anyway, for me it wasn't a fun hunt-- not just because I lost a ring, but two frat boys were eyeing us the entire time, as if ready to pounce if we found something good.

Lessons we both learned: don't show anybody your finds; double check your plugs, and for me, swing your detector in unlikely places.
If hawking me I play dumb and cover, if they ask me I always say... "man they sure did drink alot of beer here" and show a few pull tabs or pull rings... sorry about your recovery ring theft...

Weather here finally broke from near three digit temps to 80 with rain showers today. jkline had a family birthday to do and I was not getting up at O-dark-30 to go out. So about 9:00 I went up to the University to maybe get two hours in. Of course it starts to rain around 10 so I text Jeff to tell him I had 80 cents to the positive. Ends up he too was out so miscommunication between us. He said he just got permission to do a Frat on Greek Row so I went to just talk to him and when I got there it stops raining. He asked me to join him as it might be just a one day window as the students are starting to come back.
I hit the lawn on the other side of the side walk and started getting numerous dime signals, almost by every square foot. I’ve never dug so many Memorials in such a small area and all were showing in the high dime numbers for me. When I finally get a dime it ended up being a 1951 Rosie so the Mems got excused. I must have had 20-25 pennies plus a bunch of stupid zincolns. I finished the smallish lawn area and Jeff motioned me over to his side and he crossed over to double check me.

I started down the front of the Frat house next to a stone/gravel path that led towards the side of the house. About 20 feet into the lawn I get a loud 92 that does not budge, not even when I moved 90 degrees. Dug down 5” and pull this circular twisty looking silver thing out and believe its a ring but nothing quite like Ive seen before. Just enough dirt on it cant really make out anything. Recheck the plug and move on. Bam, 90. Same thing, it just holds the number. Dig down 5” and pull up a slightly bent circular ring looking like thing. Ok….. finished up double checking on Jeff and he was finishing as well. Told him I might have two rings and that we should leave and meet up to see what we had. He also found a silver ring so off we went.
Met up and handed him the first ring, he looked it over and started calling me every non friendly four letter buddy words he could muster. Im standing there listening to him and then he said “Tiffany”. What??? Scramble for my loupe and sure enough “Tiffany & Co 925”. Damn, my first brand name silver jewelry. On the opposite side is a copyright mark and a name that first initials are P and P in the name but I can not the rest of the letters.
We examined the other ringy thingy and both of us thought it was maybe a grommet as the interior of the ring had a groove all the way around it. Surface also was semi pitted and looked like another base metal under the coating, threw it in the junk pocket. Jeff told me had not made over to the area yet that I found the rings. We then split ways.
Showed the wife when we got home and she goes “cool” so I know the Tiffany was impressive ….🙄. We got to talking and I said the grommet looked a lot like the ring. I went and got it and she commented it felt kinda heavy for an aluminum or metal grommet. So I took the toothbrush to it as the interior groove was jammed full of dirt. Still couldn’t get it all out so tried a toothpick which helped some. I could see letters stamped on the bottom of the groove that looked like STER. OK now, grab the brass brush and gently start using the bristles to clean the groove. Shock. Now I can read what looks like STERLING 925!!!!!! Grab loupe and confirm thats what it looks like!!!! I decided to see if I could get the letters to pop out a bit more so keep brushing the grooves. Finally I was able to read the letters under 20x “SMS/THAI 925”. Apparently its cheap silver but 925 is 925 and to think both Jeff and I thought it was junk.
Tiffany weighed 9.53 and the Thai is 3.82.
Ronstar you keep coming up with the wierdest finds! o_O Congrats! Ma

It’s always a pleasure to see Tiffany 😂😂

Attachments

• 10C21E20-A325-4C73-A75B-E48B9307571A.jpeg
    10C21E20-A325-4C73-A75B-E48B9307571A.jpeg
    870.4 KB · Views: 48
Located the ring info!

Attachments

• 58E42CAB-EC55-4667-AF67-A229370199FE.png
    58E42CAB-EC55-4667-AF67-A229370199FE.png
    784.2 KB · Views: 62
Great recoveries! Congratulations on the Tiffany & Co. Those are pricey!

Nice finds good job...
Mark