Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two silver day!

DaveNV

Visiting my daughter's family in So Utah. Went back to a vacant field that I had detected, before. On previous visits, I found a Standing Lib quarter, lots of Wheaties and lots of junk. Thought I'd gotten it all, but decided to give it a try, this time with my AT-Gold. I was using the stock coil and the 1st coin program. I was very impressed with how the detector worked; dug many coins in the 6-8 inch range. In fact, both silver dimes were found at about 6", with nails near by. Probably why they were still here.

Final tally:
1 Merc
1 Silver Rosy
1 Utah tax token
2 Jefferson nickels
3 Wheaties (one was even a 1914, but no "D")
A bunch of zinker stinkers
And a whole lot of ferrous and non-ferrous junk.

Anyway, it was a successful outing.
HH,
Dave

Nice better than no silver!

Congratulations on those finds! Silver coins make us smile but that tax token is very cool indeed.

Any silver is a good day!!! Congrats on two!!!

Thanks! I know these are not very exciting finds, to those of you farther east, but silver is getting increasingly hard to find, out here. I look at the really old finds some of you make and drool! Finding a “virgin” spot is hard (seems to be getting that way, all over), plus our ground out here is VERY mineralized and dry (what,,,dry dirt in the desert?). Lastly, one just doesn’t find really deep finds, because, the top soil/overburden is only 6-8”, in most places. I have detected all over the country, and have made some great finds in the East. One time, I was tdy (military guys will understand that) to Washington D.C. Of course, I had my detector along, so in my off hours, I went searching. Found an open spot near the senior officers quarters. I started digging up the large, white-oxidized bullets. Hey, sez I, these look like some of the so-called mini-balls I’ve seen in some of the detecting mags. Sure enough, they were. Over the course of three days, I found in excess of 100, (most all of them dropped) plus a badly worn Eagle Cent and a couple of period buttons. That was really exciting.

silver is cool to find period imo... That's a lot of lead.

Congrats on some very nice finds!!!