Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two silvers and a half

Mcdetect

These are my keepers from the past several hunts. I was hunting fairly modern ground so nothing super old...but still some nice finds. The half and war nickel are from a campground and the little silver ring from an elementary school. The war nickel is my first! Been looking for one for a long time and I recently opened up my descrimination pattern wider in the nickel range in order to score one...but that change had nothing to do with finding the war nickel. It rang up dead center in the nickel range just like any other nickel. And it must have been a recent drop since it was just below the dead grass and right on top of another nickel from the 2000s. I'll take it any way. The half is my second clad Kennedy half...love finding big coins silver or not.
Good luck out there and hh.

Great finds. Hardly ever see a 50 cent piece anymore.

Nice finds - I have found a few war nickels that didn't hit in the nickel range - I think the amount of corrosion may have an effect. Also nice silver ring, congrats.

Great finds! My last .50 piece was in 2001.

Mcdetect, congratulations on your FIRST SILVER JEFFERSON! I'm sure that more will follow! And that is a dandy silver ring. I'll sure take a clad half over 50 crusty memorials ANY DAY! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

I'm with you on the half being better than digging 50 memorials. At the campground where the half was dug I dug almost 100 memorials...ugh...but I'm always afraid I'll miss something nice if I don't dig em. Indians, rings, etc.