Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two Times Out with Repaired Etrac

RLOH

I got my Etrac back from the repair center a week ago and I have used it twice for a total of four hours. First, it is great to have it back functioning like new and I have so much confidence in it, that it would be hard to use another detector. Last Tuesday I only hunted for less than two hours and my first two finds were deep wheaties. It was hot and extremely dry and I quickly wore out, but the "shake down cruise" proved that the Etrac was OK.

Today, to beat the heat, I hit my favorite park at 7am and again, the first two targets were 8-9 inch deep wheats. I was in a zone and decided to grid the area where I dug these wheats. I got a signal of 12-35, 12-37 and was hoping for an Indian, but I found two green wheaties stuck together at about 9 inches. I rechecked the hole with the Etrac and got a 12-35 slightly off from the plug. It was about an inch to the side and it also was green. 1892 Indian. I have found over 700 silver coins from this park, but only 20 Indians, so this made my day. During this short grid, I found more wheats, but was "side tracked" by a tourist. Fifteen minutes later he finally left and I had lost my "train of thought". Today's short hunt produced 7 wheats and 1 Indian. It sure is nice to have the Etrac back. I was preparing to purchase one of the new multi-frequency detectors, but thankfully I can save my money.