Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:twodetecting:My new M.D.in buddy outdid me today

Dustyroundup

Well, the snow is melting in town, so me and the boy (8 years old) threw the detectors in the truck and went looking for bare ground.

The TOT LOT at a local park looked good , so we hit it.:twodetecting:
It was the boys first time, and I was on him a little too much , like " get that coil lower" and "overlap your sweeps" LOL and " sweep wider"

Finally I realized, I was going to get close to ruining his fun, so I backed off, and went to another swing set area, and left him alone to have fun doing it his way.

Ha ! he found 2 nickels in a half an hour, then he quit and played on the jungle gym,
I , on the other hand, detected for a good hour and a half, and found 2 pennies.

Kinda funny, he just walks around waving it all over , with no rhyme or reason, while I try to methodically hunt the area.
And he does better,
Oh yeah! hes proud, and tellin everybody.
I think its pretty cool too, so I figured I'd brag to you all..

Good Luck

Dusty

PS , he just read this, and Im glad he did, as I hope he understands that I DONT WANT to be grouchy and pushy.:blush:

Hey Dusty..That's cool that you've got a huntin partner. Just be patient and let him have fun and soon he'll probably be as methodical as you...I'm sure he's watching you and learning. I've got a two year old son and I can't wait to put a detector in his hands...HH Jack from N.H.

my son is 10 months, he loves the mxt, put the headphones on him and let him hear some air tests, and showed him the bullseye as well, he gets all excited. i show him all the stuff i find also, cant wait till hes my md'ing and prospecting partner.

WTG Dusty, I have a 14 year old grandson who, whenever he's not fishing in BASS Jr., MD's with me. I worked with him in teaching him to fish and now he's more interested in bass fishing than MDing. Go figure. He came in 3rd in 1 turnament last year tho. Am glad to see you guys teaching your little ones to MD as it's the most fun I can have in my old age now (I'm 76 and still a swinger :rofl: ).

Way to go Dusty! I'm sure he's watching your every move and yes, let him swing that coil all he wants, here and there and everywhere. Congrats to him for rescuing 2 nickels. :clapping: Just wait till he pulls a few quarters out and possibly a ring. YIPPEE! Can't wait till that day happens. It's great to hear about your outings. We've got a younger boy in our detecting club and let me tell you....he gives his dad a good run for his money. Heck he makes some of us look bad. I'm not kidding. That boy hunts with the big boys. AWESOME! HH, Nancy

Great story Dusty . .thanks for sharing it.

Dusty ... you won too! The time with your little hunting buddy ... priceless.