Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TX Power on latest update question on XP

Tony N (Michigan)

I thought I read somewhere that with the latest update, that in a frequency of 4 you could up the TX Power to 3.
However, when I run the Frequency down to 4 it takes out the "EXPERT" thingy so I can't adjust the TX Power.

I'm only using the small round coil and large round coil. I'm not using any of the high freq. coils.

Does anyone know if this is right?

If it is right, does anyone know what the default TX Power is for Frequency of 4 on the XP?

In the DEUS XP manual, this chart shows the Frequency of 4 and how long the detector runs in TX NORMAL and with TX BOOST.
How does one boost the TX power in Freq. 4? Maybe the "EXPERT" mode is available only when in Freq. 4 using a high frequency coil?

If I remember right, you just hit the "+" past 3 to get there.

Tony

Running one of the LF coils still limits you when you go to 4kHz . . the new X35 coils which have the same 4 lower frequencies plus the 25.5kHz frequency has a BOOST option when you go to 4 kHz.

Andy

Andy Sabisch said:
Tony

Running one of the LF coils still limits you when you go to 4kHz . . the new X35 coils which have the same 4 lower frequencies plus the 25.5kHz frequency has a BOOST option when you go to 4 kHz.

Andy

Thank you Andy. That's good, useful information.
B.T.W. is the 25.5kHz more for fine gold?

Tony,

Not really . . . the HF coils are the coil of choice for that application. The X35 coils at the highest frequency does an excellent job separating non-ferrous targets from ferrous targets with just a slight loss of detection depth as compared to the 8 kHz and 12kHz frequencies for the type of soil we tend to run into here in the States. The last time we had a group in the UK, we found that 18 and 25.5kHz did the best for the type of targets we were looking for; i.e., small, low conductive and often in patches of iron spanning 100's if not 1,000's of years.

Andy

The 25.5 kHz is better for the low-mid conductive targets or pulling non-ferrous targets from ferrous targets . . . this is the frequency I use when using Calabash's program . . . works very well from my experience in a wide range of sites.

Tony N (Michigan) said:
Architex said:
If I remember right, you just hit the "+" past 3 to get there.

I don't understand.

If I am in a frequency of 4, there is no "Expert" thingy to access TX power.

I know that if you frequency shift + or - from centre, the expert option disappears...... have you shifted the frequency to settle emi etc...?

Have a check tony, you might of done it accidentally at some time .
It’s just something to totally rule out if it is set centrally