Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ugliest merc I have ever dug!!:cry:

Hi fellows,

Had our club hunt yesterday at a pounded to death park. Rain was in the forecast, but it held off till we started back home. The wind was coming off of the lake and it was kind of chilly, but we stayed dry at least. Only five members showed up for the hunt and the pickings were few and far between. Ron got a 36 merc and a silver ring. My buddy Lee got a couple of wheats and I got a 58 wheat, a nice silver ring and the ugliest 1940 merc I have ever dug. It was bent all to heck and probably clipped by a lawn mower. She was a good target and a good six inches down and one more silver to my collection. The best part of hunt was when Mark showed us what he had found on a hunt he was on last Friday. It was a beautiful 1906 $5 gold coin.:surprised: I wish I would have had my camera with me and taken a picture of his great find to share with you fellows. What a beautiful coin and one which most of us are still hoping to find one of these days.LOL. Mark also just got back from a detecting trip to England. He found some nice old coins and etc and two of the other guys in his group found gold coins and another guy found a hammered silver coin that he said could be one of a kind and probably worth a lot on money. Got to dig some holes and break bread with my buddy. Thanks for looking and GL & HH to all of you.

Eddie

Good stuff Eddie ! Silver is silver no matter what it looks like :cheers:

I didn't realize Liberty was bent that way :lol: Great finds Eddie.

Nice hunt Eddie:beers:

Nice "bender", bud.
Staight, warped, chopped, it don't matter if its silver.

Hi Eddie. Your post reminded me of a hunt I had about a year and a half ago - I posted it titled "ugly silver".
My only three mentionable targets were a butt-ugly seated dime, a squshed Barber dime (luckily I could see a date) and a beat war nickel.
Ugly is ugly but silver is still silver!
Bruce