Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

UH- OH,there's a 'gremlin' in my newly rebuilt Fisher 1280X....

warthog

I had it rebuilt back in May, under their 'lifetime warranty' …...I just got around to taking the batteries out for winter(YES, BIIIIIG mistake waiting!!), and I found that when I removed the battery door, there was lots of evidence that there was H2O leaking into the battery compartment: mucho corrosion, battery holder, batteries and leads a nice shade of green, due to water getting in, I only used it 3 times after getting it back...SO:I called Fisher, they said to send her back,"we'll get to the bottom of it, and pressure test it" (I didn't ask them why they didn't do that before sending it back to me the FIRST time....)….SO:Mid-January, my 1280X will get re-built AGAIN, under warranty.....AND, HOPEFULLY H2O-PROOF!....I used it 20 years, and NEVER HAD IT LEAK, until I sent it back for R and R...….:shrug::fisher::sadwalk: