Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

UK Metal Detecting Trips

Lenmcgold

Considering a trip to the UK (from US) on one of the metal detecting trips is see advertised. Of course I know it must be buyer beware choosing one of them. Any experience or recommendations anyone? Other countries may be interesting too although aren't advertised much.
Thanks, Len

I would like to see that publicity Travel + detection ... UK here and there is so close ... and cheap! is it possible?
Greetings

Hi all, a great site here with plenty of reading.. Just browsing and I came across this topic, I never realised there were special trips organised for detecting in the UK from the USA. .. Perhaps another way forward would Be to have something like a detecting oppetunities exchange where UK and U.S. detectorist's could play host to each other in their own countries, I for one would consider a trip to the U.S. nugget hunting at some point and would willingly share my sites and hospitality here in the UK... Just a thought!!

Yeah!

The kids call it 'couch surfing'...and its a great idea for us to flesh out too...you know, you 'host' a symbiotic sportist at your place, and you have a place to go if you ever want to...thats a good business idea there for us...travel is the easy part, its the lodging that kills a guy...can you imagine? You could be a host or a hunter in all sorts of global locations if there was a clearing house website of sorts to keep out the riffraff...:shrug:
Mud

That would be a good idea if there was a rating system where you could check our your hosts and they could check you out. The last time I went to Amsterdam, the airfare wasn't so bad, but the week long stay in the hotel with the almost $300.00 hotel tax or tourist fee, whatever you call it on top of the regular room costs was terrible. All the hostels are for younger people.

Yea I see what your saying guys, security honesty and trust would all be issues but I'm sure it would be manageable and once a necleus of decent genuine people from both sides was established I'm sure it could grow and grow as more become involved

With some certain people would make a very nice MD exchange. You come to my house one week and one week later I'm yours. Bold and somewhat risky proposition, sometimes with surprise but as a "blind date" you never know if she is uglier than you ...:rofl::rofl:
With complete strangers would not, but with a few fellow members here, yes I would do .

I remember one of the posters here, 'Masonjarr' did a similar adventure like this last Summer...He's from Montana, so he contacted a bunch of posters through the PM message board and plotted a run to the east...all the way to the east coast and back he went! The friends he made here hosted him to hunt with them on their turf...It worked out really well for everybody!..also, a few of the people that post on the '20Century Story' thread would often talk about visiting each other, staying at each others homes, cooking out in the backyard, and hunting together in an informal sense, the stories, pictures, friendships that developed were very cool!...It looks like this does happen now, informally...

I can say it would sure stretch a fellows skills too...somebody that has never hunted Ocean gold could hunt with an experienced hunter who has mastered that skill, etc.etc...we all have other skills that somebody may want to trade for a visit...electrical, plumbing, learning a craft like flintknapping, knifemaking, gold panning, whatever...most of us would never have the chance to shoot gold nuggets in the outback, or hunt European/UK fields without some sort of 'Host' hook up like this...I better get my resume in order!

Anybody want to learn how to 'speed hunt' stinky piles of clad, or build a boat?:rofl:

Mud