Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ULD - Ultra Low Discrimination

Charlie P. (NY)

I bow to Bill Ladd's genius. :cheekkiss:

I didn't have much time to play in the park at lunch today, so I decided it was a good opportunity to try a low Disc setting, as Bill and others here have mentioned. I set the Disc to 6 and the notch at 7 (not sure what to do with the notch when it's not wanted - there is no off and below the Disc # it notches things back in?? Further play required). Anyway, wow! I ground balanced and then started to set the sensitivity. 30, 40, 50 . . . still silent, 60, 70 . . . nothing 80? First "dit". I guess low discrimination really does allow higher sensitivity!

Mongo impressed!

In a short hunt I dug two dimes, two nickels, six cents, the metal frame from a toy jeep (have to clean it for any info but it was 7" deep and I assume 60's vintage). Also three pulltabs, and two Al screwcaps. It does allow more trash to creep in, but I am amazed how well and repeatable hits are. Most of the junk was iffy enough I doubted it was a good find, but I'm ever hopeful of rings so I dig 'em up. Can't wait to try a longer time and run my test garden to see how the 8" and 12" deep targets respond.

Try this to get rid of the notch.
1. Turn the discrimination all the way down.
2. Scroll through the menu until you get to notch.
3. Rotate the knob counter-clockwise until the slashes all disappear.
4. Push the red button. The notch should be gone.
5. Scroll through the menu until you get to Discrimination.
6. Re-set your discrimination.
Hope this helps.
HH

I came up with a work around. I reset the factory defaults (which has no notch) by holding the menu button down and the toggle switch forward and then turning the unit on. Simple to back discrimination down from there. I was able to run at 85 sensitivity then (but not near that in Jewelry mode - that is twitchy).

the 75 seems to get much cleaner and better defined signals, and you still have a great iron "sense". I settled on 2f for the tones too, and just dig everything the gives the higher tone. This works GREAT in the type of sites I usually hunt, like cellarholes and such.
By the way, My 75 blew up the other day, and it was off to fisher with it. just kinda went insane. Looking for it to come back next week, hopefully in better shape!! :)

When I first tried the T2, it was NASA Tom who told me to turn the disc down to hear some iron & better "unmask" stuff. Works great in iron loaded places especially......
HH,
Bill