Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ultimate 13" or WOT 15" on an SE?

TabGrabber

I'm in the market for a new to me large coil, and have narrowed it down to either of the above coils. I read Bryce's field tests of both, and he gives both very good reviews, so that makes it even more difficult. The advantage to the WOT is more ground coverage, and for the Ultimate, it seems weight is the advantage. Depth seems to about the same on the two, but depth is very important, as the soft Florida sand-soil eats up stuff and sends it to middle earth quickly.

My areas of hunting are parks, which tend to be a bit on the trashy side, and beaches, where I would like to cover as much ground as possible in a hunt. My average hunt is about 4 hours, so the weight is a factor.

For those of you who have or have had and used both, which do you prefer, and why?

WOT works flawless ? :clsoedeyes:

I believe the WOT is harder to pinpoint from my experience and the Ultimate is a joy and it hits hard on signals. I have also bought the NEL Tornado and I have not used it yet so I cant tell you anything on it as of yet. Give me some time on it.