Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ultimate DD 33cm OR 38cm SEF coils for G2 ???

dani

Hello to everyone,

Which coil would you recomend for the G2; Ultimate DD 33cm or SEF DD 38 x 30 cm?

Share your experience and feedback.

Thank you ALL!

I have the ultimate and I love it. Its light and hits the deep stuff hard. I have had sef coils and there good but heavy when compared to the ultimate. The sef does seem like it would take more of a beating though.

I know that this is an old thread, but I am also debating between the 13" Ultimate or the 15" SEF for my Gold Bug. The use would be for at the beach, which is not trashy. What does everyone think would be best for gold jewelry hunting? Is there any reason the 5x10" or 11" would be better for gold than the 13" or 15"?

Thanks!

I use a 15" NEL Attack on my G2. I've done very well with it finding civil war relics. I also use a 13" ultimate coil & have done very good finding relics. The ultimate coil really hits buttons. I put a bunch of reb buttons in my collection with that set up. I hope I could help. GOOD LUCK & HH

The smaller the coil the more concentrated the signal should be. I.E. small coils hit smaller stuff better, but dont get the same depth on large targets as bigger coils. Each coil has its place. With my GBP I almost never take off my 5x10 coil. If its really trashy I will put on the 5". If I had a larger coil I would use it more in park fields. Except for stud earrings and small chains most jewelry is fairly large for a nugget detector. Therefore coverage and trash performance become the issues for coil size more than sensitivity and depth. This is generally the way things are. I rarely find much jewelry more than 4" down where I hunt so I dont worry as much about depth.