Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ultimate Prospecting Detector

We can dream can't we?? After reading awhile on the forums about tech available now days, I would like to see a new pi nugget detector built by a company that will sell at a reasonable price, with a timing switch, 8 usec timing for tiny gold nugget hunting to say half grain sensitivity, and a 10 usec timing for standard nugget hunting. Auto ground bal with switch on handle access for quick tuning, track/lock on panel, auto freq set, tone control, volume control, sensitivitiy control, threshold, iron id. The 8 usec timing position would require a special wound small coil for tiny nugget hunting, the 10 usec timing could accept any size current dd or mono minelab coils. And I would like to see this machine with a full power sizable battery pack, something that would last an entire day detecting. I am getting tired of listening to VLF noise when out hunting tiny nuggets, a pi with 8 usec capability would be a pleasure to run I am sure. I guess what I am saying is I want a pi detector that will replace my GB2 and GPX at the same time!!! Perhaps add a third smooth type timing for super hot ground. Or one could just switch to dd coils for hot ground. Make it simple yet complete.

being a laymen with little real electronics knowledge. I also think this should be possible. If you look at the processing power of devices like cell phones and tablet computers, I dont see why detectors are so expensive. The only detector that appears to be truly modern is the XP deus. I dont really know what goes into making a detector but I have to think if it could be done it would have been done. I think part of the problem is the amount of power that is run through MDs, much higher than the power in modern micro electronics. This would require the send and receive sides of the MD to run on higher power than the processing side. I think it wont be long before we start seeing these types of detectors.