Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ultra Coil

Wild Willy

Is there a small coil available that can be used with the newer Simplex series such as the Ultra? The freqs. are a little different. Different enough to cause problems? Thanks guys and dolls.

Thanks "Just Coils". Since all the new Simplex's use an op. freq. of 15khz I wonder why the Lite coil would not work on the Ultra? Your thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks "Just Coils". Since all the new Simplex's use an op. freq. of 15khz I wonder why the Lite coil would not work on the Ultra? Your thoughts are appreciated.
The coil on the lite is compatible with the Ultra. They just aren't selling the coils separately yet. That's why I got an Ultra and then purchased a lite as a backup and to get the smaller coil. I was able to get a deal and paid 169.00 for the lite. I did the math and if the coil cost 109.00 separately like the first generation Simplex SP24 and I purchased a Xtra lower shaft I'm not spending a whole heck of a lot more to get another complete detector.

The coil on the lite is compatible with the Ultra. They just aren't selling the coils separately yet. That's why I got an Ultra and then purchased a lite as a backup and to get the smaller coil. I was able to get a deal and paid 169.00 for the lite. I did the math and if the coil cost 109.00 separately like the first generation Simplex SP24 and I purchased a Xtra lower shaft I'm not spending a whole heck of a lot more to get another complete detector.
If I remember correctly.
The first Simplexs had to be updated to use other coils. Or risk damaging the machine.
Hopefully they function properly on all your machines.

When I receive the Lite I will test the small coil on it and post my findings. Should have it Thursday or Friday 👍

Thought about doing that but I really don't want another detector at this point. Good idea though.

As stated the SX 24 is not yet available. Unfortunately, Nokta and Minelab are both slow in delivering accessory coils for their new detectors… It’s still not easy to find an LG 24 coil for the Legend almost 2 years after release.

Dangit Treasurechic, what a wonderful idea. My feeble ole mind never thought of it the way you did. Please let us know how it works out. If it does, I'll order a Lite. Jes gotta luv wemmen!! Always thinking. My beloved wife was a "thinker". A real problem solver. Even though I have a couple of degrees she was the "common sense" gal.

Looks like your deal is even better now. Seen the Simplex SX 24 coil quoted at $119.00 at some dealers. Still not widely available, but soon.

That's exactly what my buddy did.

Just ordered the Simplex SX 24 coil from Bigboyhobbies. Be here early next week. $118.99 USD flat. Looks like a lot of dealers are selling them now, but Bigboys does it right.

Last edited:
Just ordered the Simplex SX 24 coil from Bigboyhobbies. Be here early next week. $118.99 USD flat. Looks like a lot of dealers are selling them now, but Bigboys does it right.
The Simplex Lite, BT, and Ultra use the same coils, the SX Series for "Simplex New Generation". SX24, SX28, SX35