Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ultra-Wideband techology

A

Anonymous

This may be old news to some. but in my local paper on 6/15, an article is about the FCC is pushing ultra-wideband as an unlicensed product. It seems ultra-wideband does not effect any of the current technologies and its far advanced any others. You can check this out at www.fcc.gov and one company is www.timedomain.org. You can join the Ultra-Wideband organization group by going to www.uwb.org. Ulta-wideband will even detect objects through walls. Could this be the new future?

This RADAR chip (yep, that's what it is) caught my attention some years ago in a Popular Science article. It has some really neat features that remind me a lot of the military radio tech: wide band transmission, ultra low power, ability to operate with other ULB chips or conventional RF devices without interference. I think that an array of these would make an excellent imaging detector. I STILL think that I would want circuitry that would tell me whether an object was metal or not, but from that point it would be neat to be able to get a look at what your detector just found before you dug.
Ya know....
When I was a little kid I read a Science Fiction short story about a guy who invented what was basically GPR. He used it to give the Paleantologists a boost: mounted it on the back of a vehicle, drove around looking for Dinosaur skeletons. Can't remember the author or title. Strange how things work out...
Louis