Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ultra wireless phone question----again.

Wild Willy

If I sent my headphones to someone with an Ultra, or earlier Simplex and they paired my phones with their machine would it also pair with my Ultra? Is it a one on one thing or is the pairing universal? Sure hope this makes sense. Heck, I'll try anything and my frustration level is getting higher. Does Nokta have a USA service center and if so, where is it located? A phone number and a conversation might solve my problem. Again, thanks

Hopefully this helps.
Their on FB too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230724-023929~2.png
    Screenshot_20230724-023929~2.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 87
Odan, thanks so much for the info. I will try it in a few hours. Your pic reminded me of when I used to fly into Norway in my Navy days. Wonderful people and the most beautiful women I've ever seen. A few of us met an older gent and he invited us to his modest home. The young woman that was with him acted as an interpreter. The first thing he showed, on his fireplace mantle, us was a Norwegian Flag and next to it was our American flag. He kissed both flags and I REALLY got teary eyed. The interpreter said he was considered a national hero because of his actions in WW2 as an underground freedom fighter against the Nazi's. The next day a few of us took some presents we had bought in Iceland a few days before. A lot of it was booze. Then he got teary eyed and so did I---again. This was the spring of 1968.

Odin, thanks so much for your help. The Ultra control box and wireless phones are on their way to the Nokta repair center in Chaffee, Mo. I personally talked to Andrew O'Neal and he really showed interest in solving my problem. I feel it will get resolved.

Awesome on the repairs.
Nice little story.
Though I'm swiss german scotch irish.
I do resemble my image though my arms ain't as big since I retired and stopped climbing wood poles and playing with powerlines.
😄😄😄

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230618-150235~2.png
    Screenshot_20230618-150235~2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
Odin, thanks so much for your help. The Ultra control box and wireless phones are on their way to the Nokta repair center in Chaffee, Mo. I personally talked to Andrew O'Neal and he really showed interest in solving my problem. I feel it will get resolved.
I'd like to know how it all works out.
How long have you had the Simplex ?
Personally I moved up to the Legend.
It's a fabulous machine.
The Simplex is on loan to a newby co worker.

Odan, I bought the Simplex Ultra about 3- 4 weeks ago. My 3rd Simplex. My first 2 were very noisy. Thought I would see if the Ultra was an improvement. Right now my primary is a Deus 2. I only bought it because it is light. I really do like it though. (the Deus 2). At my age, light weight and balance are really necessary. I will let you know how it works out. Nokta Repair has it now. I mailed it 11 days ago. Hopefully it will be back soon and they found a way to make the headphones pair. I've read some good things about the Legend. Odd thing about me is that I'm afraid of heights but being in the cockpit of a Navy plane never bothered me. I can't imagine climbing a tall pole. I admire you guys!

Odin, thanks for your help in the headphone mess. The Simplex Ultra will be in my hands with new phones tomorrow. Nokta repair told me I was sent the wrong wireless phones. So, evidently there are two sets of phones for the Simplex and the Ultra has a new type, whatever that means. The manual doesn't mention this. My dealer did not know about the different phones. Anyway, I'll ship the original ones to the dealer Tues. or Wed. My dealer, Richard, has been super about this and wants to reimburse me for shipping. I'm not going to let him but I would not say no to Nokta doing it. I'm sure this won't happen.

Odin, thanks for your help in the headphone mess. The Simplex Ultra will be in my hands with new phones tomorrow. Nokta repair told me I was sent the wrong wireless phones. So, evidently there are two sets of phones for the Simplex and the Ultra has a new type, whatever that means. The manual doesn't mention this. My dealer did not know about the different phones. Anyway, I'll ship the original ones to the dealer Tues. or Wed. My dealer, Richard, has been super about this and wants to reimburse me for shipping. I'm not going to let him but I would not say no to Nokta doing it. I'm sure this won't happen.
The first Simplex models, Simplex Plus utilizes WiFi for their wireless connection, the new Simplex models, Simplex BT, and Simplex Ultra utilize Bluetooth aptX LL, like the Legend Utilizes, they are two different types of wireless connection and both are not compatible with each other at all, Bluetooth will not connect with WiFi nor will WiFi connect with Bluetooth.

The Nice thing is if you decide to ever purchase a Legend the headphones for the Simplex Ultra will work with the Legend.