Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

uMax Bandido,

bigjon

i got a uMax Bandido it is a 96 model its not the bandido II Air test it gets 6" or 7" inches and on a pop can it gets 12" to 13 " inches.In the ground about 5" inches when the coin is buried .Today i buried a silver half dollar at 6" and the thing wouldnt even make a sound no matter what i did and i took my V out and it hit strong and the umax badido was supposed to be sent in and checked not long ago.Does anyone out there know how i can get more depth with this machine?Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The ground balance can be set so positive it won't respond to quarters and half dollars. Set it so the threshold level either increases slightly or there's no change when the coil is lowered to an inch or so from the ground and if it still won't respond to the half dollar there's a problem that will likely require sending it to Tesoro..

Also newly buried coins won't detect that well. This is because they don't have the halo or minerals around them. Do some real testing , dig a bunch of targets, see what the depth is.

sorry for late respond been busy me and a friend got out and done more test on umax bandido I thought it pick up silver half dollar at 5 inch it crack and pop at 5 inch at 4 inch got good respond in a hole if no dirt it air test between 6 and 7 inches and it will pick up a old jar lid good just dont pick up coins well and its not the ground balance i think that the metal detector is in good working order. i will take it out on some hunts and see how it does and i thought about buying a bigger coil to see if that would help with the depth take it out no some hunts.if it has a coin deeper than 4 inches i have no faith in it but any thing bigger than a coin then i do have faith. do you think that a bigger coil would help me or would i be wasting money. i own different brand of metal detectors and got real good depth on everything with my other brands and on this umax bandido it just dosent have the depth on coins.i havent took it out on any hunts and when i do i will let you know the response.i love tesoro metal detectors and would recommend them to any one but i dont know about the umax bandido .thank you all for the response.

You can't adjust the threshold on the Bandito Umax, theres no Threshold knob on the face, it's is factory set.
The extrnal threshold knob was one of the main upgrades to the Bandido II Umax

you are 100 percent right it dont have a threshold knob . i cant leave vaq alone long enough to take it out on any hunts.i just wonder if anyone could set the threshold on the inside of the machine ?it is a really good machine to pick up on large objects,but i still love the tesoro metal dectectors so i think ill give it to the kids.thank you everyone for your response,and have a merry christmas to all if it had a threshold knob it would be one bad metal dectectors tesoro metal dectectors all the way for me

Bandido units are just not depth monsters but usually increasing the threshold equates to more depth. Might give Tesoro a call for suggestions for more depth as they do have intenal pots if one knows which pot controls this feature...