Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Unable to ground balance NEW 3 khz coiltek coil

Steve in Idaho

I bought a new Coiltek 3 Khz 15" round coil for my X-Terra 705 and it will not ground balance. I registered it with Coiltek from their warranty card. I have a 7.5 Khz Coiltek coil that I can ground balance. I have tried to contact Coiltek and cannot get a response from them. The coil seems to work OK, but I think that I should be able to do a ground balance. All of my other coils for my X-Terra 705 do ground balance OK. What can I do next?

I would really need to know exactly what you tried, and what the machine's response was.
Have you tried it in GB Tracking Mode? What did that do?Are you running any GB Offset? Have you done a reset with the coil on the machine?

If all else fails, we have an inside line to Coiltek, but likely the dealer that sold it to you should be able to take care of it, if indeed it is a bad one.

The dealer that I bought it from is a friend of mine, but he is gone for a few weeks. I have a 15" 7.5 Khz and it ground balances OK. I have tried tracking and it just chatterers. I have had the sensitivity down, did noise cancel and I do not use offset. I really don't want to do a reset and screw up my other settings. I tried to contact Coiltek last week, but they have not answered me yet. It is a lot of money to pay for a coil that does not work.

im also having chatter noises from the 7.5 on my 705, seems hard to tame.

what settings are u guys using? i normally run sensitivity at 22 or so but with this coil its down to 14...any set up guides out there?

Have you tried it at different locations. If I get close to a electric fence mine goes crazy close meaning within 300 yards.