Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Unbelievable weekend huge silver 1885S large cent walker, dime trifecta!

Mark kus

4F8AFCA9-4B54-494E-B090-502699D8EACE.jpeg
0A7925E0-F9DF-4355-8716-F544F1906F69.jpeg
4ACCB8F7-55A8-43B3-817D-AC7639320690.jpeg
75D56601-BAD7-4E82-99D1-5057BA5A119F.jpeg
4349D5B2-A74C-45CA-AEE9-7F93FA6F8008.jpeg
Just can’t believe this weekend It started off on Friday at the park by my house. With another walker and three silver dimes all along the driveway. Then yesterday I headed out to the beach where I got one corroded Indian and some clad change.
On the way home I decided to stop at the spot they had mowed recently these fields are very old .I got out of my car and I started detecting had a few pennies right away then I had a screaming 33-34 I thought it was junk because it was only 4 inches down boy was I surprised to find a 1885 S Morgan dollar still in the plug!!!!
I headed it back today search the new field that I hadn’t been in found a cluster of wheat pennies a 1919 Mercury dime and 1906 barber that completed the trifecta for the weekend also got a dateless buffalo and a few junk rings.
HH
Mark

Mark, that's a fantastic weekend of detecting,that silver dollar is a heart stopper.
Was Scoutly with you this weekend?
Thanks guys no Q Scoutly was not there I will hunt this spot with him it’s pretty big spot that until recently was never mowed people hike all over this place.

Thanks Ted it’s good that we can just get outside to detect the one nice thing is no one bothers me with the Coronavirus around.
Mark

I found some awesome fields this winter to hunt but it wouldn't be easy knockin on doors. And one local park is closed due to the virus. I may hit a school yard today that was torn down a few weeks ago.

View attachment 2405View attachment 2406View attachment 2407View attachment 2408View attachment 2409Just can’t believe this weekend It started off on Friday at the park by my house. With another walker and three silver dimes all along the driveway. Then yesterday I headed out to the beach where I got one corroded Indian and some clad change.
On the way home I decided to stop at the spot they had mowed recently these fields are very old .I got out of my car and I started detecting had a few pennies right away then I had a screaming 33-34 I thought it was junk because it was only 4 inches down boy was I surprised to find a 1885 S Morgan dollar still in the plug!!!!
I headed it back today search the new field that I hadn’t been in found a cluster of wheat pennies a 1919 Mercury dime and 1906 barber that completed the trifecta for the weekend also got a dateless buffalo and a few junk rings.
HH
Mark
Killer Day.. we're all of the wheat pennies in the same hole.? and are there any good dates on the wheat Penney's.?

Killer Day.. we're all of the wheat pennies in the same hole.? and are there any good dates on the wheat Penney's.?
Thanks guys no they were spread out around a huge oak tree most likely spot to start in a big field I did not check the dates I hit a 1905 Indian today same spot the 1919 mercury dime and 1906 barber were close enough to each other probably a spill.
Mark

Ok Mark I give up.
Csn you lone me your time machine.
You must be going back in time and watching all the good stuff actually falling out of their pockets.
With all the good stiff you are always finding you must have the Midas touch. I’m guessing every time you find something good you smile and have one of those sparkles in your teeth. Lol.
Seriously congratulations.
Doug

1331A04F-CD59-43D3-8D83-F58D8C7D6BA1.jpeg
Ok Mark I give up.
Csn you lone me your time machine.
You must be going back in time and watching all the good stuff actually falling out of their pockets.
With all the good stiff you are always finding you must have the Midas touch. I’m guessing every time you find something good you smile and have one of those sparkles in your teeth. Lol.
Seriously congratulations.
Doug
Thanks Doug I spend a lot of time out in fields old parks but I like to hunt the edges more or areas where people would sit or possibly park their cars.
The park near my house has a driveway probably 3/4 mile long with a camping area on the right side as you drive in I focused along the road edge where people may have parked got pulled their keys out of their pockets and that area gave up two walkers! And some silver dimes!
Along the edges of fields where trees are to provide shade in the summer usually gives up some nice finds.
The Morgan dollar was in the corner of a field on the edge where two roads that cross I actually thought it was copper or some other big piece of metal it was so shallow.
My shovel is a little over a year old and it’s so worn down lol I use a lesche my work schedule also helps I work 6 to 2 you’re around.
Mark

Last edited:
Here’s a video of the walker on Friday along the driveway of a park.