Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Unbranded Earmuffs DIY headphones

TN Mike

Was wondering if anyone knew who makes the earmuffs that Killer B and ProEars Ultra 26 uses. Bound to be made in china, and re-branded by probably more than just these two companies.

Pro-Ears-Ultra-Sleek-Black-Ear-Muffs-6d76d190-dd57-4388-b1ec-7f69b9bf5933_600.jpg

Wanting to make a custom set of phones.. Kills me to think I paid 100$ for the last set..

i think pro ears is the main manufacturer or importer?
The guy that builds KBs and Sunray headphones probably
buys them from them.
I have been pricing some components to make a waterproof set
for the compadre I waterproofed.
The hard part is finding a coiled cable that is not junk.
The nicer ones like KBs use are hard to find.

Noah

Also, I think Killer B's are just using coiled power cord for the coiled wire. Inside my Killer B's the wires are Red White and Black.

Sorry for all the "Thinks"..

When you see the prices of the individual items which you can buy for peanuts how can one really justify the massive prices that are charged for full complete braanded headphones,i personally wont buy another branded set again.

Thanks for the various links for all the main components,buying direct from China makes alot of sense and saves you a massive amount of money.

and speakers come from here http://www.audiosears.com/products/data/recs/

remember though getting stuff from china is a major pain and a lot of time and effort is spent to work out who & how to get stuff off and shipping for muffs will not be cheap those prices advertised are if you buy 1000 pieces etc. and then shipping..

don't get me wrong I make my own headphones and even paying retail for bits needed its cheaper but most people just want some headphones and go detecting they don't care whats in there or how it works..

have fun and its a learning process and get to use your own headphones I have that many it became an obsession looking for the best speakers :buds: OCD I think its called but got that out of my system now ...

enjoy the trip :biggrin:

AJ

amberjack said:
remember though getting stuff from china is a major pain and a lot of time and effort is spent to work out who & how to get stuff off and shipping for muffs will not be cheap those prices advertised are if you buy 1000 pieces etc. and then shipping..

Actually those phones are 8-18$ each and they can be bought with a minimum order of 1. Even if I paid 18$ for a set of these it would be worth it just for the fit that I like. But from what I've found so far thats 18$ for a custom set with your logo added to them. And as far as china mail goes I've found it to be super cheap and in some cases your able to get free samples by paying only the shipping cost.

Thanks for the link to the audiosears. :beers:

TN Mike said:
amberjack said:

Actually those phones are 8-18$ each and they can be bought with a minimum order of 1. Even if I paid 18$ for a set of these it would be worth it just for the fit that I like. But from what I've found so far thats 18$ for a custom set with your logo added to them. And as far as china mail goes I've found it to be super cheap and in some cases your able to get free samples by paying only the shipping cost.

Thanks for the link to the audiosears. :beers:

that's great news on the muffs :biggrin: wish I was still OCD ing headphones I would be getting the info off you for the muffs and there was always a thought of making some to flog but knocked that on the head pretty quick :buds: no market for them here.

let us know how you get on and if you are running a minelab I can PM you the best speakers to use if you wish ? something's just have to remain up the sleave :blowup:

but most of all have fun :clapping:

AJ

You want to see a good deal on a set of phones worth modding ...Garrett Master Sound II Deluxe Headphones for 30$

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Garrett-Master-Sound-II-Deluxe-Headphones-for-Ace-150-200-250-300-350-and-400-/200757420534?epid=1700250545&hash=item2ebe1321f6:g:UqcAAOSw42dZBQ~Y

Looks to be about the same build as the Killer B's minus the audiosears. At 8 ohms their bound to be loud but at that price you could buy 3 sets for the price of one Killer B standard set. Add a audio limiter and maybe make the cable attach with a screw in mini plug to the headset...add a deus puck adapter and those things could be good.

look good but would like to see inside :biggrin: if you get a set let me know if they are same wire size etc.. to speakers as the KB's ?

gunna cost me 75$ plus shipping where I'm at and not spending that just to have a look see :nopity:

thanks again !

AJ