Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Understanding the Iffy Signal Warble Explorer Battle Cry

electroman680

I think the whole Iffy Signal & Warble sound is starting to make alot of sense to me now more than ever- especially after my last hunt. Up til now, I figured those iffy signals were all trash items....and I have to wonder how many coins I missed because I assumed they were junk :crazy: Last Friday I drove by a place that I have hunted previously and have pulled many indians/wheats out of. To my surprise all the grass has been removed and sprinkler lines installed. Just plain dirt...and it was DRY, almost like sand. Anyway, right off the bat I got a good signal and dug up a 1921-S wheat. This just blew my mind....I could not believe it....and I was motivated now, but my next target sounded just like junk-that rusted nail with a hint of good in the mix. It was consistently "bad" sounding but each swing gave me a hint of high note. I dug a plug and stuck in the probe and BINGO...it all the sudden sounded great :yikes: I noted that my depth guage read about 1/2 way down. Out popped a 1910 wheat... I could not believe it. Had I been digging in a nice grassy yard...I would have passed on that one! I set out to just dig anything which was not obvious iron.... and my next target also reading 1/2 down on the depth guage but bouncing around the 07/04 to 15/15 digital range and sounding real nasty, but a consistent nasty. I hoped for something good and sure enough I dug down a few inches and the probe starting singing with a nice mild tone and the readout changed to a 11/06. About 4-5 inches down was a 1919 buffalo nickle. Ironically not all targets sounded iffy? about 50% sounded like as above but turned out to be good coins. Maybe the dry soil conditions come into play there? Perhaps without the additional 3 inches of grass? I ended up digging my share of nails and junk, but walked away with a few keepers. No more indians :thumbdown: but I left feeling like the Force was finally with me :starwars: at least as far as my understanding of iffy signals goes.
Thanks to all on this forum who take the time to share so others like myself can learn!

Happy Hunting!

i also noticed the same thing electroman but i have yet too understand it :shrug:

are starting to figure out Iffy or Warble Sounding Signals. I'm not sure if you are really getting the Ultra Deep one's that some of us find but as long as you know what to start listening for, you will investigate more Iffy or Warble Signals that are Deeper at other spots which might lead to more good finds in your pouch. 6" Targets are usually really loud for me so the Iron and Trash in the ground is what is making the targets for you to sound this way. Congrats on some nice digs. Anyways, good to see another Explorer User digging more of them kinds of signals and being rewarded for their time in checking them out. Continued Success, Good Luck and HH to you.:detecting:

A lot of the key is you are starting to notice your depth gauge as well and investigating more of the deeper targets. You arent going to get great readings on the digital screen.... buff's are all over the place like IH's deep. The metal really bleeds and changes the looks on the digital... so you have to use the sound and gauge. Also we get complasent the longer the days go and tend to try to cover too much ground in places we know have produced and just dont work as many of those deep targets as we should.

Dew