Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Underwater Components ?

flysar

For those that own the underwater kit, does the antenna just attach to the back of the case and it's the close proximity that provides the connection to the remote or puck?
I bought some RG179 coax wire for some shallow freshwater detection and it works great with the receiver above water.
I want to try it underwater/snorkel so I'll need an armband and underwater buds so thought I'd pick up an aftermarket set if all I have to do is attach the wire to the case back with tape or epoxy.

That's what the factory set does so it should work.

Of course the control box is NOT waterproof.

amberjack said:
yeah probably better detectors to take swimming ?

AJ

Yes, I agree, my CTX, CZ, or Infinium would be my first choice but I'm thinking more specialized for the Deus, backpacking. Significantly lighter and less bulk with the option to snorkel with.

Get an "ARYCA" case (the one for iphone 4)made for cell phones to put your remote in. Should be able to hear it (the remote) under water through the case. See Pommy-Down-Under on youtube.

[attachment 347534 P1020305.JPG][attachment 347535 P1020303.JPG]
Here's pics of my setup with 'ARYCA" case and attach pad from 'fox25025' on Ebay. Used Scotch/3M Dual Lock velcro (super strong) to attach the pad on the back of the Aryca case. I made the wire 'antenna' as shown by 'pommy-down-under' on youtube. Works great.

I want an Aryca case but I am seeing them for anywhere from $40 to $50. That's too much I think because I initially saw them for $10-$15 I think. What did you pay?