Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

underwater earphones for the Equinox

SERIC

Does anyone know if there are waterproof bluetooth earphones that can be used with the Equinox or if the normal waterproof bluetooth earphones on the market are compatible with it?
In cold water it is essential to use the neoprene hood, but the signal of an external headset is very attenuated, so the earphones would be ideal.
Also earphones with wire (waterproof) to use instead of the classic headphones would be fine as they can fit under the hood.

Keep in mind that once the control box of the Equinox (or any wireless underwater detector) is submerged connection with the wireless headphones will be lost.
The Minelab waterproof headphone are the only wired headphones I have seen for sale (but with no set price) as of today. I would think they might just be a very tight fit, if at all, under a neoprene hood.
I have been toying with the idea of purchasing one of Minelab's adapter cable's cutting off the 1/4" connector adding a waterproof connector and fit the second end of the waterproof connector to a pair of waterproof headphones, you could do the same and use a set of headphones or earbuds that would fit under the neoprene hood.

WW....... we are doing that as well. Im still taken back they used the CTX connector for the cable and not the phones. They said the yellows wont be available at the time of release...... they would have had a ton of them if they used the CTX connector. Im sure im not the only one with an EXPENSIVE CTX that aint happy i have to modify this cable so i can use my phones on all my machines...... yes i have the Xcal as well. But i think you are right....... they have blue tooth waterproof ear buds, but it wond do much good if the box is under water.