Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Underwater gold detection

QuebecAt

Hello everyone
I do underwater detection of gold nugget. At first I had an Atgold who did a good job but the detector was crazy on all metal. After I buy a gold bug 2 that did its job .. but the machine was in a pelican box and I used the coil with my hand. Now some years later I'm starting again and new machine its out makro, equinox, gold monster.
which machine will be the most suitable for my type of detection.
I love better love PI machine but too much nail and scrap in the water.
Good gold new generation VLF .
Sorry this is a google translation from french to english..
thank Steve Can you help me ?

thank doc_Holiday232
The Makro Kruzer Gold look like a good machine but i never use a Makro detector (this is quality???)
Waterprook/Submersible detector is good thing but not a absolute condition.
I built a waterproof case for my Fisher GoldBug 2 with a pelican case.
I ground balance on bedrock outsite the water and close the case and go underwater.
I just want a good machine who doesn't going crazy on all metal and can do descrimination when i need .
Where i go we have a lot of hotrock and goldbug2 is just a pain in the ass !!! he can't handle that .
Garrett atgold all metal mode is just unusable, false signal on all, and destroy your ear AND sound on everything you hit with the coil.
I know PI is better for this but too much ferrous junk.

Ok for the makro but Minelab Gold monster ? equinox 800 ? good or not
thank and sorry again for the poor traduction french english.

Hello Steve. I also spend time in the water for gold, and yes the amount of iron trash is far too much for pulse induction. The equinox will pick up some incredibly small gold and is doing very well underwater - it has my vote. The only other detector I would consider for underwater prospecting right now is the Makro Gold Kruzer, and yes, Nokta/Makro make very solid reliable detectors.