Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Underwater pin pointer for SCUBA?

So entertaining the thought of getting a pin pointer that is suitable for SCUBA diving. I know of the Garrett Carrot and Vibraprobe, just wondering who else has a comparable product. I have an older Garrett not water proof probe but after recent activities, may be in line for upgrade...

OK, so Garrett is not really waterproof, just dunk proof, so it's out. Is there anything else out there besides Vibraprobe?

The Vibra-Quatic 320 is like the Vibra-Probe but with a larger tip. I like the Vibra-Tector too. Could be worth checking out.

SYL said:
The Vibra-Quatic 320 is like the Vibra-Probe but with a larger tip. I like the Vibra-Tector too. Could be worth checking out.

Good info, thanks

You might look into the Quest Scubatector. It features the pulse induction method & a 5"x4” mono coil, allowing for a high level of sensitivity & penetration depth. Not only that, the Scubatector also provides underwater searching capabilities to 200' with its submersible shell.

Charles :usaf: :usaflag:

Cool, not only does Quest make the ScubaTector but also a probe similar to the Garrett that's waterproof to 60 meters.

The ScubaTector looks great as a stand alone detector but wondering if it's maybe too sensitive to be a good pinpointer. Anyone used the ScubaTector as a probe with good results compared to traditional pin-pointers?

Hard to beat a VibraProbe 585. Works the best for my dive detecting needs, which i do often. Have gone full circle with all the other options for my diving pinpointer and its the one i've kept. Gets between rocks where stuff hides and can probe in the sand, muck or clay mushy lake bottom. Tried the other model vibraprobes, scubatectors, all twice, just to be sure.

Thanks RC. You’ve saved me quite a bit of headaches and cash. Thanks for the great info. It will be my choice for sure. Good fortune to you.

OK, I broke down and got the Scuba Tector. Been sitting here reading on how to operate it. It has two buttons and apparently a tilt switch that it uses for switching all the various modes. It's a little more complex that I had considered. Hopefully get a chance to dive with it in the near future.

If anyone does get one of these, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS THOROUGHLY! It fires up in minimum sensitivity for pin pointing and will need to have settings changed before using as a detector. It's not a difficult machine, it's just not a turn on and go detector except as a pin-pointer. At least this is my initial assessment after playing with it while sitting in my easy chair and reading the instructions.

controlfreq said:
OK, I broke down and got the Scuba Tector. Been sitting here reading on how to operate it. It has two buttons and apparently a tilt switch that it uses for switching all the various modes. It's a little more complex that I had considered. Hopefully get a chance to dive with it in the near future.

If anyone does get one of these, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS THOROUGHLY! It fires up in minimum sensitivity for pin pointing and will need to have settings changed before using as a detector. It's not a difficult machine, it's just not a turn on and go detector except as a pin-pointer. At least this is my initial assessment after playing with it while sitting in my easy chair and reading the instructions.
Yeah. One video shows weak detection on gold UNTIL user turned up sensitivity.

I have used the Scuba Tector extensively while snorkeling. After you turn it on, hold the bottom button down and press the top button 4 times slowly, the last time you will get a longer beep. that is the most sensitivity. Also, if you are hunting with it and it does not receive a signal after a certain amount of minutes, you will hear a long beep. You only need to run it over a piece of metal to reset it. That signal is in case you leave it on, it notifies you with a longer beep after not receiving a signal. When this happened to me the first time, I thought it was broken.