Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Underwater short antenna experiment.

parkgt

had seen a vague reference that the antenna cable from the coil did not have to come all the way up to the RC to get a signal. I don't dive but, may want to detect the edge of fresh water streams, ponds and lakes. What I came up with will allow submerging the coil about 20" inches or so. It can be left in place for ground hunting and does not prevent quickly collapsing or taking apart the rods.

So I bought a thin black RG174 coaxial cable to play with. I stripped the ends and used marine grade heat shrink to seal them back up. I made the length just long enough to extend past the end of the lower rod. Wire tied the lower end and just left the upper end loose in the lower rod. May replace the wire ties with slick thin velcro straps to make cleaning under the coil easier.

Short clip showing it working.

I will need to do some more testing but the initial results look promising.

Attachments

• IMG_2624.JPG
    IMG_2624.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2623.JPG
    IMG_2623.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2621.JPG
    IMG_2621.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 67
Looks just like what the Gigmaster did if you don’t submerge the controller wire only has to be near it once under water it must be attached.