Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Unexpected Fined, Cigar Tubes

mrshufflr

Went out today for the first time in several years. Decided to hunt a 25 year old addition to a 100 year old Park. Mostly woods with trails cut through it. The whole area has been heavily used for 200 years. Shortly after starting I got signal that was jumping back and forth between foil and a penny. Being curious I decided to dig it up. At first I thought it was a wine cap, but it turned out to be the top 1/4 of a cigar tube. Several feet away I encountered the same signal. I decided to dig it as well. Out popped a whole cigar tube, although bent. A couple of yards away I got what I was certain another one by the signal. Out came another cigar tube but unfortunately I speared it digging it out. I bypassed two more of the same signal and didn't dig. They are Robt. Burns Black Watch tubes that it would appear people collect since they are selling for $7.00 on EBay. I didn't gets signals on anything else (I was in coin mode) and it started to thunder so I cut out. I would ordinarily suspect a Dump for this type of find, but even when I turned off discrimination to try to get a better signal, nothing else registered. I know there are more of these there but my curiosity screams why these here?

Ouch! Those cigar containers sure got a bad spanking from your digger. Try remember where the VDI was, the intensity of the signal and next time dig a bigger plug to avoid the damage. You are not alone. All of us have at one time or another seriously scratched a great target. Hopefully, we learn from our mistakes. Good luck!

John-Edmonton, I'm feeling much better about the Cigar Tubes. I'm not so sure I damaged them as I went back this evening and dug up more of them. I took care to dig bigger than normal plugs and still only managed to get one undamaged one, and one is flat and the other damaged one I know I never touched with my Digger. One came up in two pieces, so I believe they were damaged previously. They are still the only thing I have dug up in the area so it's still a mystery.