Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Unexpected results from a silver dollar and a silver half?

Mark kus

I checked to see what I heard was correct used general mode with a modern silver dollar and a walker you would think the silver dollar would come up 97 not the half?

Yeah, that should be fixed. Too much is bunched together between 94 and 97. Quarters touch 97, dollar coins hit 97, walker half should be 5 vdi higher, silver dollar should be 10 vdi higher than quarters. I agree, a great machine, but high conductors need more space. Hopefully XP can offer an update to the scale, at least for American coins.

Not correct terminology. A "Modern" silver dollar? That is a sliver round, one once of .99 silver not .90 as a coin would be.
Yes Jeff a modern silver dollar it also does the same with a Morgan dollar I tried both ..
Mark

Yes I agree, there needs to be more resolution on the upper end. VDI #s are all jammed together 92 thru 99. If I remember the original Deus had a normalization scale, you turn it on or off. When you had a lower frequency dialed in you would want to give yourself more resolution to the upper end of the scale. You would now read silver quarters in the VDI range of 85 or so. Cant remember if that was off or on normalization. Even if XP could give us an update for the 2 modes, the relic mode or high conductors mode. Give us the option of off or on normalization. We are paying a ton of money for this detector, lets give us high conductor hunters more resolution on the upper end scale that will help us out a little more. Other than that, you have a fantastic detector that I love. Update please. Thanks Steve

It really seems like deus is subtracting some vdi for size. Which i can understand somewhat. But its too much, there has to be a better middle ground. As is 99 is useless - ground issues trigger that, only solid 99s ive had are rocks a mineral in them. I suggest dimes and pennies 86, then a logical progression up to 98 a Morgan. A silver dollar should not hit like an old penny, its not logical.

How many times have you dug a zinc penny signal only to find a civil war relic or nice ring?

I think since the insurgence of detectorist trying to prove themselves on youtube, these test have taken a large part out of the joy of detecting.

It is a matter of a machine communicating with the circuits internally on the detector that gives a numerical read out.

We didnt worry about such things on tesoros and other analog units....we just dug up what beeped.

I wouldn't give it much thought........go out and enjoy yourself with your deus

Original Deus 1 is the same, guys need to remember these are relic machines first,,coin machines as a second.. XP makes a good machine but there are way better visual ID machines on the market If that's a feature you really need.

Yes you are correct, these are machines are foremost designed to find low type conductors and relics and yes for us in the states high conductors second. That's why this detector has all the resolution built in on the low end of VDI scale and chokes off the high end 91 and above. I remember with the original Deus in some areas you had to block out VDI # 99 and even maybe 98 for iron wrap around. With the Deus 2 I wouldn't dare do that. But hey, Its a great detector and super sensitive for my type of hunting.

Yes you are correct, these are machines are foremost designed to find low type conductors and relics and yes for us in the states high conductors second. That's why this detector has all the resolution built in on the low end of VDI scale and chokes off the high end 91 and above. I remember with the original Deus in some areas you had to block out VDI # 99 and even maybe 98 for iron wrap around. With the Deus 2 I wouldn't dare do that. But hey, Its a great detector and super sensitive for my type of hunting.
I also notch out 98 ,99 on my Deus 1.. Deus 2 has alot of great features the Deus 1 should have gotten on a update,but I guess companies wouldn't make much money if they did that..The ID on the Deus 2 is better than Deus 1,,and square tones are definitely a big plus for a coin hunter or anyone who doesn't like the sharp tones ..I liked the Deus 2 and if it weren't for the 11 inch coil I had I'd have kept it..Too much emi tho in my area for the 11,,but the 9 is really quiet on my Deus 1 and I'd assume the Deus 2 also..the Deus 1 with a 11 is very emi probe in my area too

It really seems like deus is subtracting some vdi for size. Which i can understand somewhat. But its too much, there has to be a better middle ground. As is 99 is useless - ground issues trigger that, only solid 99s ive had are rocks a mineral in them. I suggest dimes and pennies 86, then a logical progression up to 98 a Morgan. A silver dollar should not hit like an old penny, its not logical.
Mine has only registered 99 once, it was repeatable and it was a large cent. Don’t leave the 99‘s in the ground!

Mine has only registered 99 once, it was repeatable and it was a large cent. Don’t leave the 99‘s in the ground!
That a great find, and there are a few 99s i would dig, so far though they are ghosts. Also i notice on 99s when they are strong and register on the meter, i get a related hit on the mineral strength meter. Most ground around minneapolis does not register any bars on mineral strength. Ill get 99 pinging, and sure enough stronger the ping the more bars on the mineral meter. If i get a 99 that does not trigger mineral bars ill give it whirl though. I use General mode mostly.

According to the manual, the original Deus with an x35 coil and not normalized, gives these results: at 4khz a zinc is 58, silver dime 75, silver quarter 82, silver half 89, and silver dollar 92. If your numbers are too compressed can't you go to a low single frequency? Surely the 2 will do that, won't it?

According to the manual, the original Deus with an x35 coil and not normalized, gives these results: at 4khz a zinc is 58, silver dime 75, silver quarter 82, silver half 89, and silver dollar 92. If your numbers are too compressed can't you go to a low single frequency? Surely the 2 will do that, won't it?
4k is a power drain, and solo freq loses the multi freq advantages - less depth less accurate id, less ability to detect small items. Much better to hunt in multi. Again, the ii is nice as is, but a simple American coin mode in the menu would be winner, plus it would sell a few units, win win.

I tried the program 7 mono on Deus 2, 4 Khtz and nope, scale is still too compressed on upper end. My quarter air tested at 95. Would really be nice if XP could of brought the non normalized scale over to the Deus 2 and give the quarter a low to mid 80s VDI #. Just allow the update of uncompressed upper VDI #s in the high conductors and relic programs. Maybe sometime it could happen. Only hope.
Mr Rockford, Im not sure yet I will say with certain that the Deus 2 mono program has less depth than multi. What Im saying is in non mineralized ground and some of my preliminary air tests the mono mode is holding its own compared to the MF programs. Its like the Deus 1 but on steroids. It runs very quiet. About the meter accuracy. You are certainly right in mineralized soil, mono program will suffer in meter accuracy. I use my 2 mostly in freshwater lakes and have very little mineral to bother me. I will be doing some further testing in the lake , mono program vs MF programs.. I got my eye on the 28 Khtz for low conductors hunting spot , early fur trade artifacts. I will test and report.