Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Unexpected :surprised:

snikrah

My father and I rarely get to hunt together in a few area's that I like to go to that produce silver coins on occasion during our work week. We were both getting anxious to up our silver counts for the month so we planned an evening after work one day last week.

Upon arriving to the spot we wanted to hunt, a fellow detectorist was already there and digging away. He showed me what he had already found and I could not believe my eyes and he told me to grab my detector and get after it. I phoned my father and he couldn't believe it either and was in a rush to get there now. Never would I have believed we would find something like this!

These are our finds on the first day at this spot.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/q79/17777_10201711240564549_1177209918_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/q77/s720x720/1148884_10201711241084562_1592172519_n.jpg

And below are the finds from the 2nd and 3rd days (minus 4 rosies and 1 merc).

Totals: 198x silv, 1x .999 fine silv bar, 1x 1891 V Nickel (my father and I got 24 silvers each and our friend ended up with an even 150)

Details please while I clean up the drool on my keypad. Awesome!!!!

Was an old houseplace =) Suspect there is still more there but there is soooo much iron, it's incredibly hard to detect. Our friend started sifting dirt on the 2nd day.

That is surprising that that many old coins were found around and old home site.. there must have been an awful lot of activity in the surrounding areas of the house to lose this many coins.. especially silver coins.. congradulations on a great hunt!!!

These were all found in about an 8'x8' area near a tree. I'm suspecting a cache (because of the silver bar and the sheer quantity) that had somehow gotten broken and spreadout over a small area.

field of dreams.............

Sweet stuff.....what is the average years of it all?

That is a lot of digging! I feel you need some help lol. Congratulations on the silver cache!

And what did you say were the GPS coordinates again? I seemed to have misplaced them LOL!!!!!! Awesome silver find! Congrats!!

Just think of that poor kid that lost his piggy bank full of them coins. You lucky duck... KEN

Wow! Great find!

Been back a few days after the initial big find and we're still pulling silver coins. We're going back this evening :twodetecting:

Wow, Congratulations, that is fantastic- if they where close together i might of passed thinking it was a junk pile. Where there any right on the surface?. Was the other fellow scoring numbers like that? Of course we all know that is more than is just dropped around a typical yard. Had to have been a cache or a business site, parking lot? beach? Good Hunts, CO

The pictures are almost all of our finds together, he got the majority though. I'm highly assuming a cache =)