Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Unknown Pin Civil War

A

Anonymous

I found this at the area that was the battle of Goldsboro N.C.(Sherman). It is hard to see in the picture, but it says The American (on the top) Eureka Army (On the bottom) I know form history that units from Illinois were at this battle. I have looked many places and asked many people, but know one knows what this is, Help, Thanks Gary

The middle seems to have alot of symbols/letters. On the left, seems to be a I or 1. Upside down V in the Middle with a "&" symbol in the middle. Looks like a leaf in the lower left corner. Left side has a letter or number, looks like the top of a 3 or 2, then another type picture at the left bottom. My research indicates that there was a "Eureka Army" from Illinois, with a history before the Civil war. I have not been able to find any of their insigna to see if this is related. Gary

I took the quarter out of the picture. If you want scale, you can go back to the first picture. Perhaps by making it alittle larger, the detail will be easier to see.

I took the quarter out of the picture. If you want scale, you can go back to the first picture. Perhaps by making it alittle larger, the detail will be easier to see.

...it is a piece from a Eureka lamp produced by The American Lamp & Brass Co.
>>In the center of the wick is embossed a logo, that appears to be a large "A" superimposed over a smaller "L&B"<<
More info and pics at the link below.

Description and pic from current ebay auction (see link below)
>>>Description: Very nice, very rare, all brass signed "The American Eureka Lamp" flame spreader in perfect condition. Here is an opportunity to make your Eureka lamp 100% original by adding the correct flame spreader.
Measurements: Approx. 1 13/16" wide at the top x 1 7/8 high x 1 15/16" wide at the bottom.<<

Thanks, How you figured this one out is amazing. Good Work!! Gary