Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Unmasking gold in iron

Informative video, Thanks for posting it.

I wish my legend would find some gold, or even silver despite hammering a lot of fields no luck come my way. Not a single ring with it.
First you need to get the coil over where the silver or gold was dropped and, in the case of gold, not discriminate it out. Took me nearly three years to find my first gold ring and I did not find that until I tested some gold jewelry in air tests only to find out that the discrimination settings I was running excluded gold. A lot of people get detectors and give up because it is not the instant rewards that they had anticipated. Keep at it and keep learning.

First you need to get the coil over where the silver or gold was dropped and, in the case of gold, not discriminate it out. Took me nearly three years to find my first gold ring and I did not find that until I tested some gold jewelry in air tests only to find out that the discrimination settings I was running excluded gold. A lot of people get detectors and give up because it is not the instant rewards that they had anticipated. Keep at it and keep learning.
Thanks for the advice , i have found many gold and silver rings over the years , but Luck is needed , i only have been using legend 5 months !

Thanks for the advice , i have found many gold and silver rings over the years , but Luck is needed , i only have been using legend 5 months !
I'm sure you will eventually get some of the better metals. Are you hunting open fields, school yards, or how would you describe the fields you have been hunting?

I'm sure you will eventually get some of the better metals. Are you hunting open fields, school yards, or how would you describe the fields you have been hunting?
The fields are dog walker fields , sport fields , parkland , 90% of the time. The other 10% of fields woods and footpaths , rarely farmland.

The fields are dog walker fields , sport fields , parkland , 90% of the time. The other 10% of fields woods and footpaths , rarely farmland.
Look for where people take things off, put them down and pick them up and along sidewalk edges from the edge to a couple feet out (rings can slip off, roll off the edge into the grass and disappear). I've had a lot more success in places such as grassy areas behind basket ball nets where stuff got piled for a pick up game; along benches bordering a ball field, behind the backstop, along the edge of sidewalks than I have in the middle of the fields. Look for concentrations of human activity that involves shifting belongings around, putting hands in pockets and pulling them out, where people clap for their kids teams ... places where behavior increases the chances of losing stuff. Tot lots are good too where toddlers are getting picked up and dropped stuff sinks into wood chips or other material spread to soften landings; just don't go cutting through weed barriers that may be there or the risk is banning detecting from such areas.
Good luck!