Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Unreal erosion!

Water wizard

Man it is going crazy on my local beach! There are archeologists running up and down everywhere, one team drilling in to the clay taking core samples, it's like a film set!
Basically the sea and storms have now taken all the sand off the beach and these 5,000 old middens are exposed and some of the settlements are actually exposed as well! Fire pits with wood that is 5,000 years old and all black and burnt is stuck in the clay. Normally it would be under 6 foot of sand, it never gets exposed to air and all the stuff is perfectly preserved. They found a 5,000 year old dear footprint the other day, antlers a few days before that.
Anyway, I did another 2 hours in the rain, 1 silver ring, some old coins, and an odd military thing? Any ideas please?

Your hunting where history was made and will likely recover all sorts of interesting finds!!:thumbup:

Nothing so wonderful as MDing "rock bottom""!! (Clay bottom in this case?)

GL&HH Mate,

CJ

Wizard, what local beach are you referring to ?. Is this beach in the U.S. ?. I would sure like to find a beach like that to detect. GH, Don

You guys have some Epic storms this winter. As in, need to take a leave of absence from job to metal detect epic!

Agree on the explosive device- it may be the striker part of the unit and without any explosive in it. You probably need to report it just in case, since you are UK.