Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Until That New Minelab Flagship Gold Detector Finally Arrives

calfrope

One can only speculate at this point from the hearsay rumors, along with combined technological advancements mentioned from described patents previously written of such. In turn, this keeps me always wondering and on the edge of what every new dream machine detector will/can be like before it comes out. I've always been a big fan of Minelab for adding these new technological advancements and features that come out a little more better each time, thereby helping us accomplish our goals also a little more better each time in the field. Every seasoned prospector knows this, and we all know that every little bit helps when the poke is at stake and on a mission in the field.

But like a small gold nugget verses a larger nugget in hopes of finding, we are always wishing and dreaming of that big one lurking around waiting to be found. Likewise with our equipment, we are only as good as our equipment will allow given to a certain condition, or situation. Like having a different golf club with a different pitch angle design to perform a certain approach shot task. Every little bit of improvement helps you with your scoring abilities.

Given that is the case, the big nugget excitement sought after can also be equivalent to that same excitement as our equipment sought after like that large nugget is. In some cases, I don't know whether I would be more excited about my equipment I'm using, or the large gold nugget I'm looking forward to finding. In either case, I get satisfaction of knowing I can have the best of both worlds regardless.

Since the Flagship has not arrived yet, and the technology to be used at this time is undetermined, hopefully that flagship will arrive soon.

As it stands now, if you want to be sure you are finding all the possible gold from a variety of sites, you need about 3 detectors:

A deep seeking PI machine which can take large or small coils and find medium to large nuggets at depth - current best in class - GPX-5000

A PI which can find tiny and specimen gold which the first detector misses, even amongst hot rocks and high mineralization - current best in class - SDC-2300

A discriminating detector for junky tailing piles and other areas where "dig it all" would be impractical - take your pick of lots of good VLF detectors operating at 12 kHz or above

A detector you can use in the water - the SDC-2300 covers that too

purchased new at best possible prices, this would set you back about $8,000.

If minelab's new technology Suoer Gold Detector - GPZ-7000 can do all this, then anymprice below $8000 seems reasonable - given how ML prices things.

Grubstake said:
Its here! They{Minelab} Have a full page add in the international Mining Jurnal. Grubstake

can you give a link - I cant find anything?

The trouble is that its a US based magazine and some of us are based out of the UK,so we cant exactly pop out and buy a copy as such,hence i guess the reason was asked about a possible link.Of course if that is not possible then nothing we can do about it till we start seeing some advert over in the UK detecting news media.

Here is a copy of my post from October 17, 2012 at http://www.findmall.com/read.php?27,1795744

"I have a Minelab GPX 5000 and a Minelab CTX 3030. I am a firm believer at this point that the GPX 5000 has taken PI nugget detecting technology about as far as it can go, with only better ferrous discrimination the only thing to offer me. And I am not holding my breath for that. So where to go from here?

Pretty obvious I would say. Cram the GPX 5000 into the CTX 3030 package. I see no reason why it can't be done. The only limitation would likely be battery time per charge but if a CTX style battery could get me just a half day operation I am fine with changing batteries at lunch. A GPX 5000 is a single package with built-in speaker and GPS and waterproof to 10 feet would be killer. A new coil set mimicing the CTX set would be great as new waterproof coils would be a must. 8" mono, 11" (or 12") mono and 11" (or 12") DD and 18" mono would be all I would ever need. People are already using the GPX for beach and relic hunting and this would put it over the top. I would be using it for almost any detecting at all except where discrimination is a must, like turf hunting in a park."

amd photos

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=929819&fcc_id=Z4C-7000