Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Unusual find.

jktreasures

I went out detecting on December 1 and found a "first" for me. In all the years I have been detecting I had never found this before.
Take a look.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HpZ9LXNR4Jo[/video]

Last month I was at my Brother-In-Law's for deer season and had the opportunity to swing a coil a little in his two acre yard. One of his friends has lost a number of arrows in his yard where they practice archery shooting. I spent a little time and found two of the inserts with field points installed. I knew that I could find the metal inserts and was expecting them to be still in the carbon arrows. I did not find any sign of the carbon arrows that had held the inserts. Since carbon arrows do not dissolve I am puzzled as to what happened to the rest of the arrow.

I find lots of arrows in the woods some stuck in trees, when you find the Eastern archaic copper points you are getting really old