Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Unusual St. Christopher Pin.

hunter_46356

This is probably the deepest target I've ever dug. At least twelve + inches and understandable since it is approx.1-1/4" x 2-1/2" Rung up in the 11-12 : 46-48 range w depth bottomed put. Best research I can find is that this is obviously religious pin given and kept by someone to forever be guided and protected by St Christopher. Some research claims it's WWll related and used by Air Force Pilots, hence the wings and the globe. I've also read it was used as a visor pin in cars. This piece has obviously seen better days. The center base is actually world globe. Dates I've found range fro the 1920's to the 40's. I've seen similar ones sold on Flea Bay. Anyone else have any info.

Here is one for sale on Flea Bay in good condition.

My folks had medal similiar to that on our cars visor. (early 60's). Slid on like a garage door opener button. Oddly enough I had a brother in the Air Force at the same time. I think the wings have more to do with travel than military.

Nice find!!:thumbup: