Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

UP DATE ON SETTING FOR MY F75.. TRIED SOMETHING NEW

Glen in Maine

There has been a lot of great information lately on this forum regarding the set up of the f75... and I thank all who have participated in giving us this great information.

I went to the old stand-by park this evening and tried the following setting after reading just about all I can on set up.

I set the Disc at 4, .... Still remained fairly stable at 4
Tones at 3H, .... wanted to hear all the sounds
Process at DE, ... Just my preference
Sen of 85+-... will run it as high as the ground will allow even up to 90-99 if possible.
GB quick grab at 83 ... I quick grab every 30 min or so to check the soil.

I was surprised how well it ran. There was some extra chatter but not to bad. The depth was excellent hit on a quarter that was at least 9 inches and I would say that's great depth. Wheat cents were also found at 8 inches. Got a nickel at 7-8 inches. Over all this is the best set up for me at this park. Hope this help some of you great guys. I think this will be my standard settings for now. It really got good depth and target ID. YES I dug many tabs and bottle caps... but after awhile I was able to understand their sounds and didn't dig so many.

Also find a coin that I found that is a little larger than a nickel but copper. I am trying to ID it and I think the dates reads 1914????? Thought it might be a 2 cent piece. If someone knows what it might be that would be great also... Thanks!

No 2 cent pieces in 1914, looks like a very corroded liberty head nickel to me. Whatever it is, nice find!

I think that it is a 1912 Liberty Nickel. I think it is 1912 because it looks more like a 2 than a 4, and 1912 was the last year that they officially made them.
They were made with 75% copper and 25% nickel, so that would explain the corrosion.
If you look for it, you can make out the stars on the left side of the front, and the wreath on the back. The face also looks to have the same outline.
Nice find, too bad it is so corroded, good luck cleaning it.
3547858330_8a7ecf1b85.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2467/3547049323_0c0fd28921.jpg?v=0

I would try a disc of 0-6 and a sens as high as you can go and a mono tone check you targets with this setting and see if you get the same reading it may be the 3 tone that alearts you to your finds better.

If the date is 1914 it is not a V nickel, maybe a world coin. On the setting just for fun try this Sen. like you had it, disc. 0 , notch on 6, tone 3 or 3H, DE mode. It does work.