Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Update on Ground Balancing

Furious T

Thank you again to Strollmasta, pasttom, tvr and Tony for your suggestions.

I tried the settings that you recommended, and still no threshold hum, dead silent. On the plus side, I tried (again) to balance in pinpoint mode, and in the soil here i was able to actually ground balance the machine, so that is good news for me. Maybe the sand at the beaches I went to didn't have enough mineralisation to make much of a difference to the CZ at the spots I tried to ground balance...I know there are spots of mineralised black sand (and my PI machines confirm this).

I guess the decision I have to make is to use it without having a threshold hum available, but knowing that I can GB in Pinpoint mode. The reason that I have a dilemma is that it took just over 5 months for me to receive my machine after I ordered and paid for it, which means (to me) that it could possibly be 10-12 months before I got it back if I send it in for adjustment/repair. Tony knows what I am talking about.

Thanks again all, for your assistance, it helped me achieve something.

Furious,

Can you hear a threshold when your machine is:
1. In Autotune
2. Volume at 10
3. Sensitivity at 10....threshold should normally kick in at about 8. No threshold when in DISC is normal.

Tony.

Tony, No! There is no threshold sound at all....I tried different levels for the various settings...eg. with the volume, I set it at 5, and then at 10. Made no difference. I set the sensitivity at 10, and a couple of levels below that, no difference...no threshold. It was the same as at the beach. As I said in my post, this time (today), I was able to get the detector balanced using the pinpoint mode, but there was no threshold sound, just the signal from the ground when the detector was not balanced....as mentioned in pasttom's post, there was a window where the detector seemed to be balanced.

For clarification purposes, the cause of the delay in me getting my machine when I bought it was not the fault of First Texas, but it is a factor in my returning it to them through the retailer where I bought it. (Tony, I think you know exactly what I'm talking about....this clarification is for others when may misinterpret that part of my post).

Thanks, Tony. I'm glad that you're enjoying yours....I hope to get some value from mine next time I get over to the beach. Pete.

I had a little trouble learning the CZ ground balance 'language' when I got my first one, as well.
It's different to any other detector I've owned.

You can GB with the pinpoint...as you're doing...and you should be just fine. That's typically how I do it, as well.
Just be sure to crank up the Volume AND Sens to 10 to Ground Balance...then back off both to whatever you're comfortable hunting with afterwards.

And as Tony mentioned, there will be no threshold tone of any kind while hunting in any of the Disc modes...that's normal.
You'll only get a faint threshold sound in the All-Metal Autotune mode, and pinpoint.

mike

Thanks Mike, Getting input like that helps to put my mind at ease; re threshold, I know not to expect it in disc mode, but from all I have read (in manual and other reports incl forum) I expect to hear threshold sound in Autotune mode. But I guess I'll just have to live without it. Thanks again on tips for volume and sensitivity.

I sent s Cz-5 in last year and expected to have to pay for repairs of s loose wire. It showed up on my doorstep with all new knobs, calibrated and all the switches felt new at no charge in less than 2 weeks. Felix has been great to me.