Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Update on the Cortez, Outlaw, and Deleon!

fltacoma

I just got off the phone with Rusty a little while ago. He is quite knowledgeable and was a delight to talk to! He said that the Deleon didn't have any problems, and that the 12x10 has to be far away from EMI in order to not hear the fluctuations and for it in order to run smooth. The Cortes did however have a faulty on/off switch, and was replaced free of charge. He is gonna be mailing it back on Monday. He has to work today to catch up on some work (he is the only one at the factory today). Rusty also said that I was the only customer in his 25+ years to send in five warranty cards, and was astounded that I have so many Tesoro's (I don't think he has talked to pinenut haha). He did say that they acknowledge that they have to bring out a new machine, and that one will be released here possibly either this year or next year, so I can officially say that a new detector will be coming out!

That is good news.

Christian Thorsten, the guy who wrote the popular book "Mastering the Tesoro Tejon and Vaquero Metal Detectors", said that "the Vaquero might be the very best metal detector available anywhere at any price, due to its depth and stability".
So, if that is even at all close to the truth, it is kinda easy to see why they might not offer a new design every year.

I can't argue with you on that. I need to get a copy of that book! I tried emailing him, but he didn't respond...

You can get the book on amazon

True but if there was a way to get it for free.......

It's worth the 10$, if it helps you find one nice trinket. He put a lot of time and knowledge into it.

It downloads to your phone and you can read it on the free Kindle app. I don't usually like reading books on computers but that way is not bad.

Ah ok.

fltacoma said:
....the 12x10 has to be far away from EMI in order to not hear the fluctuations and for it in order to run smooth.....Rusty also said that I was the only customer in his 25+ years to send in five warranty cards, and was astounded that I have so many Tesoro's (I don't think he has talked to pinenut haha)...

I had a feeling that EMI may have been the issue with your 12x10. It's a big, sensitive antenna.
I've only talked with Rusty once, when I sent a Vaquero in for the high-tone mod. I agree; he's a good guy to talk with, as is Allan. It took exactly one week from the day I shipped my Vaquero, for it to return to me with the mod and a full check up. Tesoro has awesome service that's hard to find these days...!!

Tesoro does have a small stack of warranty cards with my name on em... I haven't yet needed to send any in for actual repairs though; just wanted my Vaquero converted to high-tone (which I like much better). :biggrin:

pinenut said:
fltacoma said:
....the 12x10 has to be far away from EMI in order to not hear the fluctuations and for it in order to run smooth.....Rusty also said that I was the only customer in his 25+ years to send in five warranty cards, and was astounded that I have so many Tesoro's (I don't think he has talked to pinenut haha)...

I had a feeling that EMI may have been the issue with your 12x10. It's a big, sensitive antenna.
I've only talked with Rusty once, when I sent a Vaquero in for the high-tone mod. I agree; he's a good guy to talk with, as is Allan. It took exactly one week from the day I shipped my Vaquero, for it to return to me with the mod and a full check up. Tesoro has awesome service that's hard to find these days...!!

Tesoro does have a small stack of warranty cards with my name on em... I haven't yet needed to send any in for actual repairs though; just wanted my Vaquero converted to high-tone (which I like much better). :biggrin:
Will they still do this mod?

Stoof-tabsallday said:
pinenut said:
fltacoma said:

For you,...of course. :tongue:
All you need to do is include a $15 check (or $50 if not original owner), and it'll come back a high-tone. Same for Cibola - I prefer the high-tone Cibola, too.
If you want to have it done, email Allan or Rusty and ask 'em about it.

pinenut said:
Stoof-tabsallday said:
pinenut said:
fltacoma said:

All you need to do is include a $15 check (or $50 if not original owner), and it'll come back a high-tone. Same for Cibola - I prefer the high-tone Cibola, too.
I don't have either of their emails. I usually call to talk to Allen and rusty called me last when I sent the Deleon in.
But if you could message me their emails, that would be great!!
And I can't send my cibola or they'd put it back to stock and that would cost quite a bit because I modded mine. :)
My Deleon is running great though now!!

Glad you got the problems figured out.
BB

Stoof-tabsallday said:
pinenut said:
Stoof-tabsallday said:
pinenut said:
fltacoma said:

I don't have either of their emails. I usually call to talk to Allen and rusty called me last when I sent the Deleon in.
But if you could message me their emails, that would be great!!...

Stoof, I sent you a PM.
You can also call Tesoro and ask about it. For anyone who didn't see an email for 'em, you should be able to get hold of Allan here - support@tesoro.com - and Rusty should be here - repair@tesoro.com
Allan is pretty quick to answer most email questions... Unless you're asking about new Tesoro products... ;)

They arrived yesterday in tip top condition and are fully assembled now with a note from rusty saying that he enjoyed the conversation that we had. Such a nice person to talk to!

I am not sure. I would call Tesoro and ask, either that, or send it in.

Alan told me that new one will be out soon but nobody believes it. Don't think those guys would lie.

A new Tesoro metal detector? If so, I believe it.