Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Update Question - Noob.

UtahRich

I recently bought a new Deus with the 9" x35 coil, WS-4 headphones. and the MI6 pinpointer. The Controller indicated it had version 5.0 on it. I was having some odd issues when using the MI6 pinpointer. Sometimes when I switched on the pinpointer it would work as designed, cutting off the coil, other times it wouldn't. Sometimes, when I would turn off the pinpointer, the detector would return to normal and the regular 9" x35 coil would start working again. Sometimes it would not and I would get a message on the bottom of the screen, COIL NOT FOUND.

I talked to my dealer and we decided it best to do the update and reload the software. So I set about to do this.

** I would like to suggest to XP to broaden their vision a wee bit and provide an update compatible with the Apple operating system. Being an Apple iMac user, I had to go to my brother-in-laws place to do the update. I was aware of this requirement ahead of time, but made the purchase anyway.

In prepping for the update, I wanted to become familiar with all the details beforehand since I was going to have to do this at somebody else's place. The instruction manual merely references me to the XP website. The XP website has generic instructions about the Deus Update and indicates : " Note that all the elements of your DEUS detector (Headphones, remote control, disks) must be updated. For example a headset version 4, will not work properly with a remote control version 5! " Thus, I was expecting to have to plug in EACH separate XP item; the Deus controller, the x35 coil, the WS-4 headphones and the MI6 pinpointer and update each individually.

So, my brother-in-law, an I.T. pro, navigated the Windows 10 / Internet Explorer requirements without missing a beat, and managed to get the Deus Update program rolling. We follow the instructions and within minutes, the controller was updated. The program told me to unplug and reconnect the controller. I was told to turn on my WS-4 headphones, which I did. I believe it was updated. I was asked if I had other headphones, I didn't. And then the update program was done.

Did my x35 coil and the MI6 pinpointer update through the controller ? or do they update? I was left wondering.

Appreciate some feedback if any of you know.

Rich

edit - I've been out a couple times since the update and all the issues I was having are cleared and I'm busy learning this new detector.

I believe the x35 coil already has the latest software on it. Same for the MI6.

Sataro said:
I believe the x35 coil already has the latest software on it. Same for the MI6.

Thanks Sataro, appreciate the reply. :thumbup:

Rich (Utah)

Rich
Glad all your problems are solved.

James
There is no V6.2 yet.
Just V5.2x

Whew...
I thought for a second I missed an update... lol