Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

update v3.01

Big Red

Looks like the v3.01 update does indeed fix some issues.

http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/blog-detection/en/update-deus-3-1/update-deus-3-1/

Big Red said:
Looks like the v3.01 update does indeed fix some issues.

http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/blog-detection/en/update-deus-3-1/update-deus-3-1/

Actually it is V3.1 (which appears on the control unit screen and headphone display once the file is installed) and in reality, almost all of what it does are not operational fixes but rather display or navigation issues.

The AUDIO RESPONSE change was made in response to feedback which was initially provided during the field tests prior to the release and reiterated by users that downloaded the V3.0 file.

This post provides a summary of operational / other items contained in V3.1 (V3.1 Details)

My take on V3.1 is that Alain and his team listened to feedback and immediately worked on addressing what was identified. XP has shown itself to be a company that is pushing the technology envelope when it comes to metal detectors and is staffed by people that use their products which has become the exception rather than the rule in the industry anymore. Remember, V3.0 (and now V3.1) was developed over a long period of time and provided at NO COST to Deus owners . . . .XP could easily have released a Deus II and sold a bunch of detectors but they provided the upgrade (and the option to remain or return to V2.0 if desired) in multiple languages for no cost - pretty impressive in any industry.

Andy

Thanks for the info...I just updated from V3.0 to V3.1....so simple. Just write down any new program settings as you will lose them in the update. Took less then 10 minutes to update and re-enter my custom programs...can't beat that with a 10 foot stick:thumbup: Great job to the XP Deus Team for addressing minor concerns!!!!!

rks1040 said:
What was the matter with V3? Mine seems to work fine?

If you follow the link above it will list what the update was for. I did not experience any issues with V3.0 either, but since it is an official update I did it.

Andy Sabisch said:
[

Actually it is V3.1 (which appears on the control unit screen and headphone display once the file is installed) and in reality, almost all of what it does are not operational fixes but rather display or navigation issues.

The AUDIO RESPONSE change was made in response to feedback which was initially provided during the field tests prior to the release and reiterated by users that downloaded the V3.0 file.

This post provides a summary of operational / other items contained in V3.1 (V3.1 Details)

My take on V3.1 is that Alain and his team listened to feedback and immediately worked on addressing what was identified. XP has shown itself to be a company that is pushing the technology envelope when it comes to metal detectors and is staffed by people that use their products which has become the exception rather than the rule in the industry anymore. Remember, V3.0 (and now V3.1) was developed over a long period of time and provided at NO COST to Deus owners . . . .XP could easily have released a Deus II and sold a bunch of detectors but they provided the upgrade (and the option to remain or return to V2.0 if desired) in multiple languages for no cost - pretty impressive in any industry.

Andy[/quote]

could not have put it better myself andy ,well done to alain and his brilliant team for making all this happen :clap:

Possible problem with the deus v3.1 after update. Deus would not pick target up close to coil but raising coil several inches it would then pick up target.

Big Red said:
Possible problem with the deus v3.1 after update. Deus would not pick target up close to coil but raising coil several inches it would then pick up target.
OH OH!:surprised:

That actually sounds like a good thing and actually something I was looking for..

My original V3.0 produced abnormally clipped sounds and I was very concerned (thought it was me). I've tested the v3.1 in my back yard and it sounds much better. Will be using it on the beach later today and will have a better idea then.

Joe (california)

Big Red said:

Before people start getting a panic attack . . . . . take a deep breath . . . . . .

Nothing in V3.1 would have that impact and in fact the feedback has been 100% positive in terms of addressing the audio items that it was intended to.

If you are not getting a signal from a shallow target, try turnign it off, holding the coil OFF the ground and turning it back on . . . something did not initialize correctly for the issue you have to occur.

Let us know if it addresses the issue you have

Andy

Keep an eye at the mineralization streght ! If it goes to higher up (think about 60-70%), your Deus lose depth. In my case I had problems to get it down again with the V3.0 (3.1).
I had to change program or Freq. to reset it !!!! The V2.0 seem to do it faster, I only waited some few seconds with the coil over the soil, and it went down to zerro. I dont know If this helps anything or maybee others had the same observation !
Henrik