Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Upgrade Existing Metal Detector

What detector and coil do you have? Fisher CZ's can be recalibrated, as an example, and get better performance, but unless you have a bad coil on it now, a new coil of the same size will offer little or no change in performance.

Let us know what detector and coil size you are asking about. And welcome to the forum. HH Jim tn

I have a 5 year old White F2 with an 8 inch round coil. I was thinking about replacing coil with the

Detech 10 x 12" SEF Butterfly Search Coil.​

I have a 5 year old White F2 with an 8 inch round coil. I was thinking about replacing coil with the

Detech 10 x 12" SEF Butterfly Search Coil.​

Some thoughts about what upgrading might mean raise a lot of questions in my mind:
How long have you been using the F2? (I don't want to assume you bought it new and have been using it since).
Have you used other detectors?
What kind of ground do you detect? Fields, tot lots, beach, house yards ... ?
What do you think a bigger coil will get you and why?
What do you want to get, results wise from an upgrade?

I'll stop at those questions ... reason I'd like to hear some of your thoughts on those questions is that I have no idea where you are coming from experience wise and where you want to get to. When a big coil is mentioned as an upgrade on a detector that is normally considered an entry level detector, very often a big coil is not going to get the results you want ... although there are certain situations where it might.

Welcome aboard here. Lots of experience to draw from on Findmall. Be patient on getting responses since we don't all live in full time instant response mode.